• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q13 is flawed to me. Answer on that back is C. Er said this: "This question deals with a diver who is slowing down as he moves downwards through water. The correct answer C was chosen by a small number of candidates. Rather more candidates chose A and B which suggest that at some point, the kinetic energy of the diver is increasing."
nahi aya samajh :/
Afnan Hafiz chanda mama :D help me.

Reaction score
The guy dives with kinetic energy (moving) and as he becomes still (reaches the bottom of the pool), he uses gravitational potential energy. Gravitational potential energy is static energy, i think.. Ok, so when the kinetc energy and G.P energy adds up, they combine to form thermal energy. If you start running downhill, you'll be using kinetic energy, as you reach the bottom of the hill, you use G.p energy, as you come to a stop, don't you feel warm? Thats the thermal energy... I know my explanation is lousy, but it is the best i could offer.. Chapter almost bhuul gaya hai yar!

Reaction score
The guy dives with kinetic energy (moving) and as he becomes still (reaches the bottom of the pool), he uses gravitational potential energy. Gravitational potential energy is static energy, i think.. Ok, so when the kinetc energy and G.P energy adds up, they combine to form thermal energy. If you start running downhill, you'll be using kinetic energy, as you reach the bottom of the hill, you use G.p energy, as you come to a stop, don't you feel warm? Thats the thermal energy... I know my explanation is lousy, but it is the best i could offer.. Chapter almost bhuul gaya hai yar!
but why cant we say KE chnges to GPE + thermal?