• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Advantages of underground transmission?
Underground cables take up less right-of-way than overhead lines, have lower visibility, and are less affected by bad weather. Underground lines are strictly limited by their thermal capacity, which permits less overload or re-rating than overhead lines. Long underground AC cables have significant capacitance, which may reduce their ability to provide useful power to loads beyond 50 miles. Long underground DC cables have no such issue and can run for thousands of miles.

Reaction score
- State and explain the use of important practical methods of thermal insulation for buildings.

- Why is iron used for magnetic screening? And what magnetic screening?

- Magnetic relay? Reed switch? Reed relay? What are they?

- Advantages of arranging cells in parallal?

- Why are switches and fuses wired to live wire?

Reaction score
What is Light emitting diode?:eek: I haven't studied it, couldn't find it in the book
it is an diode which emits light when current passes through it,simple
just as diode it lets 1 direction of current to flow through it :)
and yes the question can of LED's and tell them it is efficient then filament lamp,takes very less energy and emits less heat/internal energy so less is wasted

Reaction score
it is an diode which emits light when current passes through it,simple
just as diode it lets 1 direction of current to flow through it :)
and yes the question can of LED's and tell them it is efficient then filament lamp,takes very less energy and emits less heat/internal energy so less is wasted

A diode that emits light. It has p-type and n-type junctions, and when its in forward bias, the current that flows through it causes the electrons to move from high energy level to low energy level. This emits light.

Circuit symbol:

View attachment 43140

Thank you both so much , got it! ^.^
aaah, 2 hours. Best of luck you guys. Please remember me in your prayers, I will too. Take care :)

Reaction score
what were the questions and answer of first 2 parts of lenses question!!! :D
pls tell i think i only got that question wrong :/