• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Glass prism has a higher refractive index than air, which means light travels slower in there. When white light enters the prism, it changes direction because of the slower speed. Red and blue have difference wavelengths and frequencies so they change directions by different amounts. Due to this, the angles of refraction are different and they split up.
(y)
I wrote that the glass prism has a higher refractive index which means it is denser. When the white light enters, it refracts towards the normal. Red light produces less bending, whereas blue light produces more bending. Also that they have different wavelengths. When they leave, they bend away from the normal, again different bending. Difference in the angle of refraction present

Reaction score
Isn't it anything related to..."Greater the angle of refraction, the les the refreactive index. As, refractive index = sin I/sin R ??

Reaction score
(y)
I wrote that the glass prism has a higher refractive index which means it is denser. When the white light enters, it refracts towards the normal. Red light produces less bending, whereas blue light produces more bending. Also that they have different wavelengths. When they leave, they bend away from the normal, again different bending. Difference in the angle of refraction present
Ditto copy of mine :D

Reaction score
I wrote it moves a small distance to allow maximum energy transfer to the arm,as longer distance would mean more friction between piston and cylinder and less efficiency.

Reaction score
For piston I wrote, work done is same so if force increased distance decreased
For refractive index I said refractive index for blue is more :p I did that because angle of refraction was less and it is inversely proportional to sin r