• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
:confused: how are some people getting 30kg water in that heat capacity question?

Got that wrong. Did the whole Section B, in 10 minutes.
I spent the whole time wondering about Section A, that i was totally panicked at the end.
Had to do two 15 mark question in Section B..

I forgot to multiply 9000 by 8, didn't read the question. :p

Reaction score
Got that wrong. Did the whole Section B, in 10 minutes.
I spent the whole time wondering about Section A, that i was totally panicked at the end.
Had to do two 15 mark question in Section B..

I forgot to multiply 9000 by 8, didn't read the question. :p
i made numerous blunders as well . still hoping for best

Reaction score
I think first we had to calculate the power i.e: J/s
Then using Q=Pt/mc*change in temperature calculate mass

Reaction score
Either way the answer would be the same

What did you write for why the large piston moves less and efficiency?

I wrote that the piston has a greater area, so has to move by lesser distance to accommodate the same volume of oil. I think i'm wrong. :/

And for Efficiency i wrote the ratio of useful energy output and energy input. It is a measure of how much input is converted into useful energy output.

Reaction score

I wrote that the piston has a greater area, so has to move by lesser distance to accommodate the same volume of oil. I think i'm wrong. :/

And for Efficiency i wrote the ratio of useful energy output and energy input. It is a measure of how much input is converted into useful energy output.
i wort largeer force requores less distance

Reaction score
so u studied better in retakes

Yes. :p
I was going to get B's if it hadn't been for the retakes. ._.
I wasted the whole month of April..
But then the retakes happened, and i was like.. Another chance to make it right. I started studying.
Had a week, finished the whole course of Pakistan studies, and studied Islamiat too. So things worked out.

Reaction score

Same for efficiency,though piston one is wrong i guess ,i wrote it travels less distance to reduce friction between cylinder and piston and therefore ensure max energy transfer to the arm.

Reaction score
Same for efficiency,though piston one is wrong i guess ,i wrote it travels less distance to reduce friction between cylinder and piston and therefore ensure max energy transfer to the arm.
is mine right that larger force need less distace, smthing like this?