• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Same for efficiency,though piston one is wrong i guess ,i wrote it travels less distance to reduce friction between cylinder and piston and therefore ensure max energy transfer to the arm.

What about expansion question?
I didn't choose any of those options with SLIGHTLY in it :/
Solids expand way less than liquids. Not slightly less. Am i right?

Reaction score
Is it important to write only 15 points in notes for summary writing? or can we write as much as we can ?

Reaction score
According to Pure Physics, Work = Force * Displacement. Energy in the system is constant so work will remain the same. Since the force on the second piston is larger, the displacement will be smaller to keep the value of work constant.

Reaction score
According to Pure Physics, Work = Force * Displacement. Energy in the system is constant so work will remain the same. Since the force on the second piston is larger, the displacement will be smaller to keep the value of work constant.

Oh, i just stated that the piston had a greater area.
The oil is in compressible, so when the smaller piston moves a large distance, the larger piston will have to move a small distance to accommodate that same volume. :/

Reaction score
Oh, i just stated that the piston had a greater area.
The oil is in compressible, so when the smaller piston moves a large distance, the larger piston will have to move a small distance to accommodate that same volume. :/
Do try not to regret . wahts done is done