• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Don't tell me you knew that before the paper. Anyone can google after the paper. There is nothing binding in the CIE Syllabus. They can easily give something new and expect us to do it. What I am basically asking for is that if someone has any colour chart given by a teacher or someone it would be helpful :p

Excuse me?
Just FYI, I have already appeared for both Chemistry IGCSE and A-levels, so as it turns out, I did know that before the said paper. Also, if you think the only was people actually know stuff is by googling it, why dont you simply do it yourself?
And a tiny reminder.
8ewrkz7.png

Reaction score
Reaction score
This may be way too dumbo.

But isn't AgCl an ionic bond too or something?

Also - is there any other metal other than aluminium that has this unreactive oxide layer over it ?
AgCl is ionic bond, but we convert to ions only those bonds which are in aq. state. and AgCl is in solid state (ppt)

i dunno .-.

Reaction score
Is MgO & MgOH soluble or insoluble? Coz one notes I got says Ca to Ba - other says entire GrpII.
group 1 oxides are completely soluble, and group 2 oxides are partially soluble.
only oxides of first 4 of reactivity series and oxide of ammonium are soluble.

Reaction score
in neutralisation reaction, why does pH goes too high? i mean why isnt it neutralised?
eg.
if base is added to acid, why does pH goes from acidic to baic? why not neutral at 7?

Reaction score
Metal reacts with water = hydroxide.
Metal reacts with steam = oxide.
This is because the metal hydroxides thermally decompose (split up on heating) to give the oxide and water.

thankyouu. And this goes for all right? Like all the metals in the reactivity series?

Reaction score
How to draw dot and cross diagrams of ionic compounds to show outer shell only? Do we show 8 electrons in sodium ion or empty shell?