• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Are you sure its SUGAR?
Because aren't all carbohydrates sugars?

They're are classes. Complex sugars: Starch, Cellulose.
Simple sugars: Glucose, Fructose.

I wrote glucose because when you form the carbohydrate by adding two diol monomers also known as glucose monomers. When you hydrolise the card, you get glucose just like you hydrolise protein polymer and got Amino acid monomer.

Reaction score
I wrote glucose because when you form the carbohydrate by adding two diol monomers also known as glucose monomers. When you hydrolise the card, you get glucose just like you hydrolise protein polymer and got Amino acid monomer.
They mentioned you get amino acids as a result of hydrolysis of ...
But we had to mention the 'class of compounds' and not merely the name of the product formed

Reaction score

Their are a million possible products. You had to write a CLASS, i think. But maybe Glucose will be acceptable in the marking scheme.
Hydrolysis of maltose produces that. But Hydrolysis of Sucrose produces other things. Their are a million possibilities.

Just like their are a million NAMES of amino acids, but we know that Hydrolysis of Proteins produces AMINO ACIDS.

I wrote ''Sugar'' :/ I should have written ''Simple sugars'' ._. I lose a mark, right?

Reaction score
They mentioned you get amino acids as a result of hydrolysis of ...
But we had to mention the 'class of compounds' and not merely the name of the product formed

Organic compounds. Wo to saaray hi organic hain. Lipids bhi organic. Hydrocarbons. Ethane. Blah blah.