• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
They had non electrolyte,like sugar or ethanol i think....they dont allow electricity to flow...
It was solid NaCl ,as in one paper there was a similar question, about in which circuit will the bulb be least bright.
I chose mercury, but it was wrong and the answer was one where there was NaCl (solid)

Reaction score
It was solid NaCl ,as in one paper there was a similar question, about in which circuit will the bulb be least bright.
I chose mercury, but it was wrong and the answer was one where there was NaCl (solid)
idk... in past paper 2s it always asked why solid NaCl doesn't conduct.

Reaction score
Yes they do flow.

Anode --> Cu --> Cu2+ + 2e
On cathode --> Cu 2+ 2e --> Cu

I've seen the diagram in books and it had a bulb which lighted :p

Which book? That's not possible :p
If electricity is flowing when their is NO difference in re-activity, it would definitely flow when their is Ag and Cu, which have different re-activities.

Reaction score
What you guys dont understand is that it cant be D because Ag and Cu are right beside each other. The voltage produced is very minimal. Like Mg and Ag say ja kar koi 2 V produce hoti hai.

Reaction score
Yes they do flow.

Anode --> Cu --> Cu2+ + 2e
On cathode --> Cu 2+ 2e --> Cu

I've seen the diagram in books and it had a bulb which lighted :p
The anode will dissolve over time, so how will the circuit be completed

Reaction score
I dont get why you cant understand,it was such a simple MCQ no need to create a fuss!