• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Yeah but its not mentioned if its in liquid or solid state so i did it on the basis of a solid ! ! But by assuming room temp then it should be reaction 1 ! that would be fastest !
under normal conditions it is liquid

Reaction score
Im not able to find cie o level chem and physics revision guide.hope some1 can help me.....

Reaction score
Assalam-o-Allaikum and Hi everyone ,
hope u all are doin great !

Well as the topic says help for chemistry :D biology :D and Physics :D is available here that means that u can ask any mind blowing question or ask any question regarding a particular topic or ask abt any questions from Past paper or any of your text books. 8) :Yahoo!:

I made this topic so that people dont make many posts asking abt bio,physics or chemistry individually but they can post their reply here where it can be answered with ease and the members wont have to go searching for topics to help! :D !

So what are u waiting for now write ur questions here !
THANKS and Bye or Allah Hafiz ! :wink: :good:
What is always produced when aqueous copper sulfate is electrlysed?

Reaction score
Q. following data shows decomposition of H2O2 at different condition.
1) 50cm3 H2O2 + 1.0G OF CuO
2) 25cm3 H2O2 + 25cm3 of H2O + 1.0g of CuO
3) 50 cm3 of H2O2 only

Explain in detail which reaction will be slowest and fastest? Why? Compare the reaction rate under 3 given conditions.

Plz answer wid the 3 CONDITIONS IN mind ..
thnx
Well, i think Option 1 would be the fastest reaction because it contains no water so the solution is concentrated . CuO is acting as a catalyst here so it will speed up the chemical reaction
In option 2 , water is added and less volume oh H2O2 is used so it is slower as water has diluted the solution nad there are less chances of frequent effective collisions
Option 3 is the slowest reaction, because no catalyst is there to lower the activation energy,thus decreasing the rate of reaction

Reaction score
Well, i think Option 1 would be the fastest reaction because it contains no water so the solution is concentrated . CuO is acting as a catalyst here so it will speed up the chemical reaction
In option 2 , water is added and less volume oh H2O2 is used so it is slower as water has diluted the solution nad there are less chances of frequent effective collisions
Option 3 is the slowest reaction, because no catalyst is there to lower the activation energy,thus decreasing the rate of reaction

Yup thats correct ! ! !

Help!!! plzz provide me nuclear physics notes for o levels!!!plzzz :)

Try raynotes type this in google and see !

Reaction score
@XPFmember: havnt u confused the 2 terms?? a solution is hypertonic to another solution when it has LESS water potential while hypotonic has GREATER water potential.recheck ths 4m the book..

Reaction score
guys, did the bio paper pattern change slightly? because in sec b, the previous papers, we were given a choice of 3 or 4 questions and had to do 3. and now in section b, we have to do 2 compulsory questions and in section c are given a choice of one out of two? is it so? or maybe i downloaded the wrong paper.

And please, guys, can you please help me with the concepts of the speed of reaction chapter? how do we know when the products are going to increase in amount? please help as we havent done it.

Reaction score
guys, did the bio paper pattern change slightly? because in sec b, the previous papers, we were given a choice of 3 or 4 questions and had to do 3. and now in section b, we have to do 2 compulsory questions and in section c are given a choice of one out of two? is it so? or maybe i downloaded the wrong paper.

And please, guys, can you please help me with the concepts of the speed of reaction chapter? how do we know when the products are going to increase in amount? please help as we havent done it.

Yes the last part of theory paper has changed... They have Section C now, where you have to do one of the two questions...

For Chemistry read this, If you still have problems you can post then...

Attachments

• RATE OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS.pdf
    531.3 KB · Views: 13