• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can anyone post notes on transistors capacitors astable bistable circuits ? (according to the syllabus )

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
They're optional :D
I never touched them.
optional? they are in syllabus! however, they stated the topic is only in the alternative question but it doesnt mean we do not need to study!!! if they make both question the same topic in the section then how? :D

asd

Reaction score
can anyone explain me the route taken by the urea before excretion.. Renal artery contains urea, and renal artery is like a sub-artery of aorta, so does aorta contain urea?! Urea comes from liver, and the hepatic vein goes to the heart.. it contains urea, so is it like that urea goes all the way through heart to aorta and then to renal artery? This would mean all arteries are going to contain some amount of urea in them! This route might not be possible then.. HELP.

Reaction score
can anyone explain me the route taken by the urea before excretion.. Renal artery contains urea, and renal artery is like a sub-artery of aorta, so does aorta contain urea?! Urea comes from liver, and the hepatic vein goes to the heart.. it contains urea, so is it like that urea goes all the way through heart to aorta and then to renal artery? This would mean all arteries are going to contain some amount of urea in them! This route might not be possible then.. HELP.
isnt like that? i tot all blood vessel will contain urea? just some with different concentration?

asd

Reaction score
isnt like that? i tot all blood vessel will contain urea? just some with different concentration?
I guess the route i posted was correct! Because in dialysis we draw the blood from artery, and not vein.

asd

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_s10_qp_12.pdf
explain
Q. 23 and what is the blue dye they are referring to?
Q. 26 why c is not correct?
Q. 28
23) It's just a dye that loses its colour due to CO2 ( see the question, it says the dye loses its colour in tissues actively respiring)
Answer is D since in Cotyledons digestion is taking place, which needs energy. In radicle and plumule, respiration takes place for growth.
26) B , Fact. C can't be because I(B) and I(A) are co-dominant.
28) A, my logic is that since half seeds were grown in light and half in dark, the total number of seeds in both should be almost same.

Reaction score
i dont think your logic for Q28 is correct
btw that is what i thought but that is incorrect
the total number of seeds are not same
that is the total no. of seedlings kept in dark are 320+110=430
and in 405+x that are kept in the dark
:p

asd

Reaction score
i dont think your logic for Q28 is correct
btw that is what i thought but that is incorrect
the total number of seeds are not same
that is the total no. of seedlings kept in dark are 320+110=430
and in 405+x that are kept in the dark
:p
I said 'almost' the same, so if x=o, the total would 405, that's the nearest to 430. other options will give greater differences :p :)