• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
need a better idea about active transport and carrier proteins n whether partially permeable membrane is necessary for active transport?

Reaction score
need a better idea about active transport and carrier proteins n whether partially permeable membrane is necessary for active transport?
well, think of it this way, you're on a boat on a river and the engine is not on and you're following the current of the river. It requires no energy
Now, you wish to move against the current. So you must turn on the engine and use thrust power, thus using energy. Hence, active transport.

and no, partially permeable membrane is not necessary for active transport. It requires energy .
(Correct me if i'm wrong)

Hope i helped.

Reaction score
well, think of it this way, you're on a boat on a river and the engine is not on and you're following the current of the river. It requires no energy
Now, you wish to move against the current. So you must turn on the engine and use thrust power, thus using energy. Hence, active transport.

and no, partially permeable membrane is not necessary for active transport. It requires energy .

Hope i helped.

Its not a necessity the partially permeable membrane for active transport and it does happen even with it so u are correct !

Reaction score

Hope i helped.
i still didn't get the carrier protein part:p

Reaction score
can someone provide atomic physics notes plzz its urgent ....i just found that i know nothing about star formation !!!!

Reaction score
Its gonna be pretty high i guess with the amt of people ive seen saying the paper was the best they had given ever in their life :p :p
well the percentile is set after all the papers have been marked . So if p1 and p2 will be difficult than it will fall!

Reaction score
how does boiling a sample of potato affect the rate of osmosis?? nd why?
just the general concept...

Reaction score
how does boiling a sample of potato affect the rate of osmosis?? nd why?
just the general concept...
it increases the rate maybe because it increases the movement of molecules.
Correct me if i'm wrong