• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
still, i dont think that's the correct answer, ::unsure:
bacteria? no"such as fungi"? coz is bacteria produce antibiotic or enzyme? and someone tell the the name of common vector that used to transfer genes to the bacteria or micro-organisms?

NIM

Reaction score
2) enzyme breaks down insolube protein and fat into smaller and solube amino acids and fatty acids thus removing stains
3) platelets supply thrombokinase which converts prothrombin to thrombin which activates fibrinogen to fibrin. This forms a mesh which traps blood cells and becomes a clot preventing the entry of bacteria. the clot dries and hardens to form a scab, which covers the wound until the skin beneath has repaired.
thnx dude u really helped me!!!
:p

NIM

Reaction score
well, for the 1st question i guess enzyme is obtained from bacteria in da same way as insulin is obtained

Bacteria such as fungi or algea are inserted in fermenter and feedstock such as glucose , amino acid , sucrose are inserted to be a source of food for them , then they r left for a time for the bacteria to reproduce more and to produce more enzymes in their cells , Then if the enzymes are extracellular they are extrected directly from the filterate , if they are intercellular they are seperated from the feedstock and crushed to be seprated with any solvent such as water
(do correct me if m wrong)
thnx...:p

Reaction score
27) its C, becauseair goes out from top(X) and all antibiotics are collected at bottom (Z)
38) its D, since at A * B the black dominated, and at B * C black went came from both(both homo, so we r only left with D
first you say black is dominant and then you say that the one in white is heterozygous??
i am sorry but you have serious conceptual issues...:)

if a reccesive allele is showing its effects then its NECESSARY that there is no DOMINANT allele cuz then that should be Black as well and then it would be heterozygous..
i thought the same but looked at it once before posting..:D

NIM

Reaction score
some more questions!!!:mad:
1) Describe what happens to amino acid inside liver cells....:oops:
2) The Carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere has increased significantly over the past 150 years. Explain why this happened???:eek:
3) Describe two reasons why animals kept in sheds gain weight faster than those kept outside...:censored:
thnx in advance....(y)

Reaction score
2) The Carbon dioxide concentration in the atmosphere has increased significantly over the past 150 years. Explain why this happened???:eek:
3) Describe two reasons why animals kept in sheds gain weight faster than those kept outside...:censored:
thnx in advance....(y)

1) they will get deaminated(the amine group will be removed from the molecule, and the rest well be carbohydrate)
2) Deforestation, smoke from factories
3) less energy lost in walking and exercising
Welcome :D

Reaction score
thnx in advance....(y)
1) amino acids are used in cells for bulding up proteins as the cells grow, and also for making enzymes. They are never stored, the excess amino acids are broken down by the process of Deaminiation
2) deforestation, co2 released by combustion, by respiration of animals. Less plants to absorb this CO2, thus increasing its concentration in atmosphere.
3) 1.less loss of sweat
2. i dont know :D

Reaction score
1) amino acids are used in cells for bulding up proteins as the cells grow, and also for making enzymes. They are never stored, the excess amino acids are broken down by the process of Deaminiation
2) deforestation, co2 released by combustion, by respiration of animals. Less plants to absorb this CO2, thus increasing its concentration in atmosphere.
3) 1.less loss of sweat
2. i dont know :D

fallen, just talkin out loud, he only said in the liver for Q1, not in the body, so the answer is only deamination :D :rolleyes:

Reaction score
27-C
to avoid the air bubbles we use dat seive type thing shown in fermentors so C is the only possible answer
38-C
as in da 1st cross all ofsprings r black dis means dat B is homozygous dominant(RR) n A is homozygous recessive(rr)
in 2nd cross the ratio of ofsprings is 1:1 which can only be obtained if C is hetrozygous dominant(Rr) n D is homozygous recessive(rr)
note: the one dat is not dominant is always recessive
hope it didnt confuse you