• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
:sneaky: U be doing Merchant Paper... Am I right
I just did that q

Sodium : White lilac flame, Very Vigorous reaction, metal be floating on top (Because grp 1 metal r light) and Metal oxide be seen below

Iron: It doesnot react with water so No Reaction

I am Confuse that it Iron is presence of water can get rusted so why not Iron Can react with Water? :sneaky:

it rusts in presence of oxygen ang takes many days to react

Reaction score
:sneaky: U be doing Merchant Paper... Am I right
I just did that q

Sodium : White lilac flame, Very Vigorous reaction, metal be floating on top (Because grp 1 metal r light) and Metal oxide be seen below

Iron: It doesnot react with water so No Reaction

I am Confuse that it Iron is presence of water can get rusted so why not Iron Can react with Water? :sneaky:
yes you are right i am doing merchant paper

Reaction score
may be u are wrong....the lid is placed to prevent the powdered MgO from escaping...as written in 5070_s09_ms_4
This can also be an another reason.

How can powder mgo be prevented from escaping. You open the lid. The Powder flows out

Reaction score
This can also be an another reason.

How can powder mgo be prevented from escaping. You open the lid. The Powder flows out
Firstly, lids are lifted to prevent pressure build ups, not placed...this would rather result in pressure build up.
Secondly, powdered MgO is very light and can blown by the heated air that are moving in the crucible with relatively fast speed.

Reaction score
the one everybody is discussing.
i feel like peoples are whispering into each other's ear and i m just watching them curiously without knowing what they are saying :cry:
That was Imran Merchant Guess paper but I am not sure whether it real or no. The Paper has good questions. really helpful for practise

check the thread
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...t-bio-chem-phy-and-economics-post-here.24552/

switch through pages.. U will see a person has uploaded a doc.

Reaction score
Reaction score
answer please!
question 2

iron react with water in presence of oxygen very slowly, it takes weeks to observe a change. it reacts just enough fast with steam to notice.
therefore:
1-sodium react very violently, it floats on the surface of water(low density), turns red hot(due to exothermic reaction), produces a gas(hydrogen) which burns(although it only burns after potassium and higher but ms accept it)
2- no reaction.