• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
some of use urdu, but it can be a problem for others like me. so can we keep the postings to English please:)
Well, if someone doesn't understand. Just ask us to translate. :)
We would never use Urdu for answering questions. It's solely for conversation purposes SOMETIMES.

Reaction score
Two different hydrocarbons each contain the same percentage by mass of hydrogen.
It follows that they have the same
A empirical formula.
B number of isomers.
C relative molecular mass.
D structural formula.

Reaction score
Two different hydrocarbons each contain the same percentage by mass of hydrogen.
It follows that they have the same
A empirical formula.
B number of isomers.
C relative molecular mass.
D structural formula.
empirical formula. The reasoning being that as it is a hydrocarbon, it contains only carbon and hydrogen.. so if hydrogen percentage is same, then carbon percentage is same too :)

Reaction score
empirical formula. The reasoning being that as it is a hydrocarbon, it contains only carbon and hydrogen.. so if hydrogen percentage is same, then carbon percentage is same too :)
Ohh okay.
I was thinking like, C2H6 and C3H6 - that they have the same amount of H and they can't have same emp form.

Reaction score
Hey people. Hope I am welcomed in. Got a quesion, if we have to produce ammonia, we usually react an ammonium salt with a base.. Can anybody explain me what happens in the reaction?
And also, why Pottasium Nitrate preffered over Ammonium Phosphate for increasing the nitrogen content in soil. That is as a fertilizer.
Hoping for answers.
Merci Beacoup.

Reaction score
Hey people. Hope I am welcomed in. Got a quesion, if we have to produce ammonia, we usually react an ammonium salt with a base.. Can anybody explain me what happens in the reaction?
And also, why Pottasium Nitrate preffered over Ammonium Phosphate for increasing the nitrogen content in soil. That is as a fertilizer.
Hoping for answers.
Merci Beacoup.
Welcome :)
When ammonium salt reacts with a base, the product is usually a salt, water and ammonia

nitrates are preferred perhaps because if you add ammonium, you can't add bases, otherwise the Nitrogen is lost in the form of NH3 given off by the ammonium base reaction

Reaction score
The drawing's really really pathetic. I'm no good at paint. I know sorry. :(
I hope you get the concept.
P.S. I switched one of the arrows accidentally too. :p

View attachment 26746

I got this q in my mock exam and I drew an eye myself because that's how I knew to make ray diagrams. Is that okay? My teacher gave me all of the marks. Which year is it btw, I wanna check the ms.

Reaction score
I got this q in my mock exam and I drew an eye myself because that's how I knew to make ray diagrams. Is that okay? My teacher gave me all of the marks. Which year is it btw, I wanna check the ms.
Don't know about the year. :confused:
But it's correct to make the eye. No penalties for that.