• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
so u see we have moles for iron sulphate which are (f)
we have moles of water which are (i)
this (i)moles are for this(f)moles...and we need water moles for one feso4.......
so divide (1) by (f) which cums to be 7.18.....so round it of to 7.......
Nope flew over my head. I need the intuition behind it.

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...l O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s11_qp_42.pdf
q) 6....zinc is in peices and zinc is in powder...still the other reaction with peices is faster....
when metals are deposited on cathode will they always form a sludge.....
do we have to write gas syring or syringe.....<----- i know a sillly question
vats the use of proclein chips in cracking.......

Nope flew over my head. I need the intuition behind it.

u see tht it is asking the moles of water in one mole of the whole compound.....
while in the previous ones we know the moles of water (which are 0.158) in 0.0223 feso4....
so as per unitary method.....for one it would be 1*0.158/0.0223.......which is 7.09....and as moles are always to be written as integers it becomes 7

Reaction score
noo iron 3 sulphate is yellow actually
what I am worried is we have learnt iron 3 compounds to be red
so I was saying how is it yellow
this is the reason that marking scheme giving us an option between all 3 colours yellow [iron(iii)sulfate],green (iron(ii)sulfate),and colourless as solution is very dilute and colours barely visible.
all questions (2004-2013) including this iron(ii)sulfate and potassium permanganate titration (only) have the same colour change.(colourless to purple). :)

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Chemistry (5070)/5070_s11_qp_42.pdf
q) 6....zinc is in peices and zinc is in powder...still the other reaction with peices is faster....
when metals are deposited on cathode will they always form a sludge.....
do we have to write gas syring or syringe.....<----- i know a sillly question
vats the use of proclein chips in cracking.......

u see tht it is asking the moles of water in one mole of the whole compound.....
while in the previous ones we know the moles of water (which are 0.158) in 0.0223 feso4....
so as per unitary method.....for one it would be 1*0.158/0.0223.......which is 7.09....and as moles are always to be written as integers it becomes 7
Got it now. Thanks bro