• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P21 GT

Reaction score
For the ALL cancer question. I wrote about second hand smoke, inflammtion of lungs (by bacteria growing in excess mucus etc), causes b cellls to leave blood to enter lungs, then i talked about how tar causes cancer with the whole protooncogenes to oncogenes and switching off tumor supressor genes and metastasis. Is any of that correct : /

Reaction score
Hey! Hope the exame went well for everyone!
I have some doubts about the exams if you could help me I would really appreciate it :)
In question 1, in that table, I said that the storage for genetic information was a plasmid - one of the black circles that was in the bacteria (not the smaller ones, the ribosomes). Is this right or the answer was really that thing that looked like circular DNA attached to the cell membrane? I was a bit confused because it was attached to the membrane, and suppositely it is lying free so i thought it could be some kind of infolding membrane/mesosme thing.

The other question is about the graph with the W and Z.
For W I said it was mitosis and not specifically cytokinesis, do you think they'll accept that?

Reaction score
yo
No you have to write about the transcription and translation for production of polypeptides
u can also talk about how after the protein has been produced it goes to the golgi apparatus to suffer glycosilation as an antibody is more specifically a glycoprotein

Reaction score
the w/z question was repeated i think or at least very similar to a past paper question. I wrote cell division by mitosis for w and semi cons dna replication for z but i think you can just right cell division and dna replication

Reaction score
In question 1, in that table, I said that the storage for genetic information was a plasmid - one of the black circles that was in the bacteria (not the smaller ones, the ribosomes). Is this right or the answer was really that thing that looked like circular DNA attached to the cell membrane?
ya i wasnt sure if that was a plasmid either so i just chose the free dna hopefully we both got it right : )

Reaction score
li
Hey! Hope the exame went well for everyone!
I have some doubts about the exams if you could help me I would really appreciate it :)
In question 1, in that table, I said that the storage for genetic information was a plasmid - one of the black circles that was in the bacteria (not the smaller ones, the ribosomes). Is this right or the answer was really that thing that looked like circular DNA attached to the cell membrane? I was a bit confused because it was attached to the membrane, and suppositely it is lying free so i thought it could be some kind of infolding membrane/mesosme thing.

The other question is about the graph with the W and Z.
For W I said it was mitosis and not specifically cytokinesis, do you think they'll accept that?
dude ill tell u an advice many ppl will say ther opn. but theyr not the examiners whom gonna check ur papers,whats done is done u cant change it now just focus on the next exams ,they may accept it and they may not just dont think in it and when ur done with an exam dont revise cuz ofc there will be diff answers which would add more stress and at the end maybe 3 are wrong and only ur right,,,hope this would help

Reaction score
it's okay really, i'm not stressed I just want to know people's different opinions and have an idea of what I can expect.
but thank you for the advice ;)

Reaction score
guys last question was talking about coordination of chambers for systemic circulation and pulmonary circulation, so you'll have to talk about right camber carrying deoxygenated blood with detailed info and left carrying oxygenated, state difference b/w systemic and pulmonary circulations only, there was nothing related to nodes as i remember :/

Reaction score
guys last question was talking about coordination of chambers for systemic circulation and pulmonary circulation, so you'll have to talk about right camber carrying deoxygenated blood with detailed info and left carrying oxygenated, state difference b/w systemic and pulmonary circulations only, there was nothing related to nodes as i remember :/
You have to mention the AVN and SAN as a part of your answer as they are responsible for the contractions and relaxations that occur during the blood circulation.

Reaction score
Now I'm a little nervous, because I can't remember what the wording on the last question was. After I saw the word coordination and heart, I just started writing about how the ventricles are always made to contract after the atria (by the SAN, AVN, etc. as was mentioned before), as did my friends who did the exam with me. Anybody else remember what the question asked for?