• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology p22..How was it??

Reaction score
yeah, we did rite the fucntion, but if we kno the identification, evryone knows the function :S
so we r jus cross cheking :)

Reaction score
If it were secretion of mucus, wouldn't the cells have to be among the cilia, that is, among the epithelial cells? The cells were in a layer beneath the cilia and were of several shapes-biconcave, circular, disc like, bell shaped. Goblet cells would not show such variation in shape and are expected to be seen as columnar.

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
yeah, we did rite the fucntion, but if we kno the identification, evryone knows the function :S
so we r jus cross cheking :)
oh thank god i got confused. i thought i might have read the question wrong :p

Reaction score
Yes it was condensation reaction because water is formed in the process. That is what I wrote. Plus I identified the cell as goblet cells too so wrote they secrete mucus.

Plus I am PRETTY SURE the answer was 51% because they specified that OUT OF THE NATURAL PROCESSES that produce nitrogen, how much is produced in agricultural land.. therefore it was 90/sum of all the nitrogen produced by NATURAL METHODS. Haber process and other abiotic factors weren't to be considered. I don't know I may be wrong.

Reaction score
Guys I just found this picture on the net. I dont really remember what the picture in the exam looked like but this resembles the picture in the question. It says on the website I got it from that the cells labeled L are basal cells lol. Not RBCs or goblet cells.. but BASAL cells! haha :fool:

Attachments

• cilia2.jpg
    cilia2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
The cell seen didnt have a nucleus, and it was biconcave disc.
this wasnt the pic,
my point is guys, its over, we juz needed to crosschek to juz feel a lil bttr,
but ALHAMDULILAH :)
for watver it was. BOL for your MCQ.
i suggest we all try doing most papers atleast 3ce, coz all the students, ( my frnds )
told that it was a hard time finishin in time. The more practise , the MOre bttr.

Reaction score
Science said:
Yes it was condensation reaction because water is formed in the process. That is what I wrote. Plus I identified the cell as goblet cells too so wrote they secrete mucus.

Plus I am PRETTY SURE the answer was 51% because they specified that OUT OF THE NATURAL PROCESSES that produce nitrogen, how much is produced in agricultural land.. therefore it was 90/sum of all the nitrogen produced by NATURAL METHODS. Haber process and other abiotic factors weren't to be considered. I don't know I may be wrong.

yeah..polypeptide formation is a condensation reaction....and.. yeah..i think its 51% now...we should not add all the things in the denominator..!! well...lets see..anyways,...!!

Reaction score
lychee26 said:
how can it be condensation?

TRanslation or transcription is not a reaction type..its just a process...and polypeptide formation is a condensation...so i wrote condensation reaction..!!

Reaction score
Science said:

Budddy.. can u plzz say me how many marks was there for the percentage calculation...

Reaction score
2 marks.
plus they sed, how much percentage of the natural method FROM the rest, was the question..
so its 90 divided by the total into hundered,
that is the fraction percentage of how much is produced by the natural process,.
im sure its 35.

Reaction score
Guys how do we actually know if the answer was facilitated diffusion or active transport?
Cause i thought the question mentioned something about high concentration of the ion in the soil , didnt it?
and it also mentioned ATP, so what should be the answer?

Reaction score
well i rote active transport, coz roots take up mineral ions from the soil by active transport, and faciliated diffusion thru the cells INSIDE the plant.
and i dont really remember about the high concentration?..r u sure?

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
well i rote active transport, coz roots take up mineral ions from the soil by active transport, and faciliated diffusion thru the cells INSIDE the plant.
and i dont really remember about the high concentration?..r u sure?
i'm not sure but i remember there was sth to indicate that it was diffusion not active uptake :s

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
oh well, i hope its not rong thou..
what did u rite?
I wrote facilitated diffusion like many of my friends. well now i hope they consider both correct!

Reaction score
i believe its active transport coz ions move by active transport and the fact that use of ATP was mentioned!

Reaction score
Yes the answer was active transport because they had specifically mentioned in the question that ATP was hydrolyzed. Facilitated diffusion is a PASSIVE process and does not require ATP. Whenever ATP is used its always active transport.

Reaction score
Mia4005 said:
2 marks.
plus they sed, how much percentage of the natural method FROM the rest, was the question..
so its 90 divided by the total into hundered,
that is the fraction percentage of how much is produced by the natural process,.
im sure its 35.

I'm not sure you maybe right. But I thought the question said percentage converted on AGRICULTURAL land out of natural processed.

Reaction score
i'm doing p23 and it was fine to me, most of the qs were straightforward. like the function of SAN, AVN and left biscupid valve, we also got the transpiration qs (how water molecules leave the leaf from Q) most of them were basics, i dont know for the other variant. but i have to say 23 is a whole lot easier than paper 4 :s