• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P5 doubts! Need help please!

Reaction score
Salamualaikum :)
Alright guys, so i have some doubts regarding paper 5, will really appreciate it you guys can post notes or just explain briefly! :)

• How can i identify, in an experiment, what the independent and dependent variable is (examples would be nice)
  • T-test and Chi squared, need brief explanation on them, and what kind of questions may be asked regarding this
  • What kind of precautions can be taken to improve the experiment, and what can cause errors in the experiment (examples)​
This is all for now, would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help!​
-Jazak-Allah-khair

Reaction score
Independent Variable will always be on the x-axis .
Dependent Variable will always be on the y-axis.

For eg. you take different lengths of a leaf & due to a long process u get oxygen evoled. so BECAUSE of the different lengths of the leaf you get your rate of oxygen evolved at dfferent rates. Dependent variable is something you cannot control but you can observe. Independent is the one that you can change. Another example : Time and concentration. Because of the variety of cconcentrations you get the time specific to that.

Reaction score
Here i have uploaded a book . Dont go through the entire book. But see the last pages(page 227 onward). They have given detail instructions for p5. & also some specimens answers by 2 students thereby correcting their mistakes & noting down the write answer.

Also If you are giving p2 then it will be quite helpful because they have given a summary for all chpts + specimen Question & answers & explained how marks are allotted Tht goes for p4 also.

For help in your T-Test & chi-square everything is explained in short with examples

& precautions, errors, observations, re-liabilities are mentioned too. So do read them. when you read you'll understand. dont waste time surfing for answers on the net.

My suggestion is that. read whatever is provided in the book & solve papers as many as you can. papers is the only solution. thru papers only will u understand if you've missed out on any theory or formulae.

All the best. Do well

Attachments

• Cambridge_International_Biology.pdf
    35.1 MB · Views: 283
Reaction score
My friend, you are a life saver, i cannot thank you enough! God bless you! MUCH MUCH appreciated :)) !

Reaction score
Here i have uploaded a book . Dont go through the entire book. But see the last pages(page 227 onward). They have given detail instructions for p5. & also some specimens answers by 2 students thereby correcting their mistakes & noting down the write answer.

Also If you are giving p2 then it will be quite helpful because they have given a summary for all chpts + specimen Question & answers & explained how marks are allotted Tht goes for p4 also.

For help in your T-Test & chi-square everything is explained in short with examples

& precautions, errors, observations, re-liabilities are mentioned too. So do read them. when you read you'll understand. dont waste time surfing for answers on the net.

My suggestion is that. read whatever is provided in the book & solve papers as many as you can. papers is the only solution. thru papers only will u understand if you've missed out on any theory or formulae.

All the best. Do well
Thank you very very much:)
This book is of gr8 help really:D

Reaction score
Aoa wr wb!

you ppl didnt have the book? :( I'm so sorryyy.....actually i thought everyone has it ....:rolleyes:
cuz this has been uploaded many times earlier..
but anyways...u atleast got it now..

Reaction score
Hello there!
Maybe someone can help me clarify this doubt that i have, which may be a stupid question:
What is the difference between reliability and accuracy?