• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY P5........WHAT TO DO????

Reaction score
friendzz have useen nov 09 paper??? the questions are damn hard!!! i hardly gt 14 marks! Pollen grain wala question samaj aya kisi ko bhi?? plz help wat to do???

and if a immobilised yeast cell put in water........bubbles produced...then the cell rises up (initially sinks) i dont understand why??bubble pressure?? any relation wid density? :geek:

Reaction score
ya ya pollen grain --- i got it
and whats ur doubt and
if u put immobilised yeast cells in water they respire
produce gases
in the cells the substrate is used up
density decreases!!!!!!
mass decreases
so it goes up!!1

Reaction score
Are we supposed to study any specific chapter for bio p5? I am just doin Bio stats. Got 30/30 in mocks. But those were past paper questions.
All the n09 papers are so tough. Maybe cause they've introduced A* and they expect more.

Reaction score
I have a question. When you are calculating the t-test value if the answer is negative in case our S1 is smaller than S2 we are supposed to ignore the negative sign right? It aint like even if its magnitude is greater than the critical value it ill be less and the means would be significantly different due to the sign of t-calculated?

Secondly we ill be given the t value and standard deviation formulas in the paper. Right?

Reaction score
@vnza The t test simply indicates whether there is a significant difference between the means, therefore a negative sign is inconsequential, and secondly you can always use your discretion to use s1 first or s2. It doesnt really make a difference....

Reaction score
well vnza agree wid the abv person__ and if the t value greater than critical value___hypo rejected significant difference____t=0 means 100percent correct, difference totally insignificant!!!greater the value higher is the significance ov error!!

Reaction score
thanks zahra!! well in pollen grain question i dun understand how the independant variable is varied??(lite intensity) :?:

Reaction score
Ok I get the part where the cell initially rises but why does it sink again?

Reaction score
Go through bio books with experiments/pracitcal pages. They will help for planning.

Go through statistics at end of book.

Lastly, do past papers. :)

iA we all will do really well. Ameen.

Take care guys, and good luck! :D

Reaction score
we ill be given the t value and standard deviation formulas in the paper. Right?

Reaction score
Vnza said:
we ill be given the t value and standard deviation formulas in the paper. Right?

Yeah, we're given tables with the t-test performed. We just have to put in the values into the formula.

We will be given most formulas, like standard deviation. However, I advise you to learn all the key definitions and learn the formula of standard error (s/sq. root of n) and degrees of freedom (n-1).

Good Luck! :D

Reaction score
Yeah i asked my teacher she said the same. In the past papers the formulas are given with the questions.
Are you from Pakistan, illmatic?

Reaction score
bio p5 is simply freaking me out. It is as if i will not be surprised if i see a question about aliens in the paper.... The examiners are always straying too far from the core syllabus.... O Allah, please save me.... Don't know what m i going to do tomorrow... everyone please pray for the biology examinees....

Reaction score
Vnza said:
Yeah i asked my teacher she said the same. In the past papers the formulas are given with the questions.
Are you from Pakistan, illmatic?

Originally, yeah.

@auyun - InshaAllah.

Reaction score
hey can anyone tell me points for accuracy of results.. ??
n i have prob in nov09 p52 qu2b. and nov09 Q3biv..how is it 38??

besides that if r value of t test is greater than the critcal value, it means theres a significant difference b/w r observed n expected results.. but wat if the value is equal to the critical value or less than it???