• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology P51

Reaction score
What did you guys write in the dilution question?? Please answer ? Was it serial or proportional ?

Reaction score
What did you guys write in the dilution question?? Please answer ? Was it serial or proportional ?
I used proportional. Since serial dilution could produce very dilute solutions. But I don't think they'll judge that..? They asked for a procedure, not a method, if i'm not wrong.

Reaction score
it can be both and yes as Komail said they asked for a procedure so you can write either about serial dilution or about proportional dilution
but i wrote about serial dilution

Reaction score
for the first question,the first part (a) about the problems with measuring the time,i think, what did you write ?

Reaction score
I used proportional. Since serial dilution could produce very dilute solutions. But I don't think they'll judge that..? They asked for a procedure, not a method, if i'm not wrong.
it can be both and yes as Komail said they asked for a procedure so you can write either about serial dilution or about proportional dilution
but i wrote about serial dilution
did you convert from mg to ug in this question

Reaction score
I wrote that we will use serial dilution and did the halfing method (decrease the conc by half each time ) is this correct ?

Reaction score
oh yeah i did the same :D
do you think we will lose marks for not converting
was it um per gram? i don't remember it.
anyway, the original solution was in um3 and in a bottle of cm3.. dealing with um is simpler than cm (in this case).. but idk though

Reaction score
i even forgot to do this step i just did the normal serial dilution and used the formulae c1v1=c2v2
how did u do it
when you are using serial dilution method you dont have to use any formula :)
c1v1=c2v2 formula is used for normal dilution(dilution other than serial dilution) , you can never use this formula for serial dilution because serial dilution means just halfing the concentration :)

Reaction score
i dont think so we had to do any conversion
when you are using serial dilution method you dont have to use any formula :)
c1v1=c2v2 formula is used for normal dilution(dilution other than serial dilution) , you can never use this formula for serial dilution because serial dilution means just halfing the concentration :)
ooops then i wrote something and explained sth else *facepalmed* i hope they go blind while reading this :/
the conversion part i mean is as i remember they said we have a 1 mgcm-3 subtilisin
and we need to prepare different conc ranging from 20 ugcm-3 - 100 ugcm-3
i forgot doing this and just made conc 0.8, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2 all in mgcm-3