• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 11 gt

Reaction score
Process least affected is diffusion, minimum number of membranes for carbon dioxide is 4 and oxygen 5
For the transpiration question, all of the options besides evaporation of water from air spaces were correct. So mass flow in xylem is correct.
The least process affected was diffusion.
The structure coded for by DNA was the primary structure, the sequence of amino acids in the polypeptides of haemoglobin, as genes on the DNA strand code for the amino acids forming the polypeptide.
Thte minimum membranes were 4 and 5.
Diffusion is 100 % wrong guys , It is the most process that is affected and i am sure of it :)
I read it some where but i cant remember where :s

Reaction score
GUYS what was the answer for
1- Which process is the least affected by a change in the fluidity of the membrane ?
2-What is the MINIMUM number of membranes that are crossed by oxygen and carbon dioxide molecules ?
3-some thing about the hemoglobin protein structure ( I think that which of the protein structures of the hemoglobin are codded by DNA or some ting like this )
1- endocytosis
2-4,5
3-primary structure

Reaction score
For the process least affected i wrote down active transport. But now that i think about it active transport uses protein channels that can move in the cell membrane(fluid mosaic remember). Thus (i think) if the fluidity decreases, the protein channels movement decrease and active transport becomes easier. I think its endocytosis. Becauses diffusion and osomosis are basically the same so both answers are cancelled out : /

Reaction score
i think it was about the cristae where it is found, in ER or Golgi body or Mitochondria ?
the correct answer is A(1 and 2)
I am 100% sure it said cisternae not crista, since crista are the inner folded membrane of mitochondira

Reaction score
What was the answer to the TB question? I dont remember TB being able to stay in body cells anywhere in any of my books/notes (although it says at later stages it goes to the brain :0)

Reaction score
It was C , the only option that didn't mention 80S ribosomes because neither of the 3 have them.
Wait what ? Wasn't it A the option that says both both chloroplast and mitochondria have circular DNA.

Reaction score
yes, but after checking, it was active uptake instead of endocytosis
Oh dear god! are you serious I thought it was gonna be endocytosis 0_o
BTW for the chlorplast and mictochondira question, wasnt the answer A that said both are prokaryotes and both have circular DNA.

Reaction score
BTW for the chlorplast and mictochondira question, wasnt the answer A that said both are prokaryotes and both have circular DNA.
yes.. me too but i was fooled :p
answer was B

Reaction score
What question was that of the minimum membranes? does anyone know what number it was more a less, if it was in the first half or second. i think i totally missed it

Reaction score
What question was that of the minimum membranes? does anyone know what number it was more a less, if it was in the first half or second. i think i totally missed it
It asked for the minimum number of cell membranes the oxygen and carbon dioxide have to pass through between blood in capillaries and air in alveolus. I dont remember the question number though

Reaction score
Endocytosis occurs when the cell membrane flows around the particle it wants to engulf which is only possible if the membrane is free to move about, that is, it has to be fluid. As for the other question, it can only be C because all other options mentioned 80s ribosomes to be present in either the mitochondria, chloroplasts or prokaryotes which is wrong. All 3 have 70s ribosomes.