• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
ea
how
how can wild lupins be asexually reproduced :p....they reproduce sexually......i wrote abt genetic engineering in tht answer...
exactly.... genes were transfered from another plant which had larger flower spikes and had a variety of colours.
But the question was actually 5 marks,didnot know how many keypoints it had:confused:

Reaction score
Fermentation is the most appropriate term used for the large-scale antibiotic manufacture.

Reaction score
which two organs would be exposed to infection???? what were the correct answers
Liver and spleen/pancreas/intestines/colon.

I wrote liver and lungs >.<
At first, the question didn't state whether the bullet had penetrated above or below the diaphragm. Any tiny bit chances of LUNGS being right?

Reaction score
The stomach has less chances of catching any infection because it secretes gastric juice that contains concentrated HCl destroying most of the micro-organisms since they can't BREED. It's a cavity where from infection can't spread elsewhere.

Reaction score
It's not BIOTECHNOLOGY or BIOENGINEERING guys. They are broad spectrum terms.
Here I paste some text from WIKIPEDIA directly:

Industrial production techniques
[edit]

Antibiotics are produced industrially by a process of fermentation, where the source microorganism is grown in large containers (100,000–150,000 liters or more) containing a liquid growth medium.

Reaction score
l
Liver and spleen/pancreas/intestines/colon.

I wrote liver and lungs >.<
At first, the question didn't state whether the bullet had penetrated above or below the diaphragm. Any tiny bit chances of LUNGS being right?
liver and lungs is correct...very small chances of intestines being correct

Reaction score
ea

exactly.... genes were transfered from another plant which had larger flower spikes and had a variety of colours.
But the question was actually 5 marks,didnot know how many keypoints it had:confused:
so we both wrote genetic engineering....yup it is the right answer and even if it were 5 marks at least 2 marks can be awarded.....

Reaction score
l
liver and lungs is correct...very small chances of intestines being correct
The problem is that the latter parts of the question mentioned quite clearly that the bullet had penetrated UNDER the diaphragm. Lungs are above it. What did u write in your ans?

Reaction score
The problem is that the latter parts of the question mentioned quite clearly that the bullet had penetrated UNDER the diaphragm. Lungs are above it. What did u write in your ans?
i knw wat the question mentioned......but viruses are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy small....so they can easily get through and cause indection
I wrote liver and lungs.

Reaction score
BROOO,
i knw wat the question mentioned......but viruses are veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy small....so they can easily get through and cause indection
I wrote liver and lungs.
INFECTIONS ARE CAUSED BY BACTERIA!

Reaction score
rem
remember that in selective breeding, only similiar plants or plants of the same species can breed...in the same way take an example you cannot cross a lion with a cheetah....right? but genes can be transferred irrespective of the species......for example there is a type of jelly fish which has a gene which causes the jelly fish to give a blue colour when it is in stress.....that gene was inserted into a sheep which also glowed blue......
since the question said varieties of colours, you cannot get a very large variety through selective breeding, because only limited alleles/genes are involved....however through genetic engineering the case is totally opposite.

Reaction score
BROOO,
INFECTIONS ARE CAUSED BY BACTERIA!
oh for cyring out loud fine bacteria....although have you never heard of the word viral infection...Jeez brah......
anyways even bacteria are pretty pretty small.,.....

Reaction score
w
oh for cyring out loud fine bacteria....although have you never heard of the word viral infection...Jeez brah......
anyways even bacteria are pretty pretty small.,.....
That's just a layman term 'viral infection'.. Basically infections come from bateria. why are we at each other's throats over something not even relevant to Bio P2? lol