• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
rem
remember that in selective breeding, only similiar plants or plants of the same species can breed...in the same way take an example you cannot cross a lion with a cheetah....right? but genes can be transferred irrespective of the species......for example there is a type of jelly fish which has a gene which causes the jelly fish to give a blue colour when it is in stress.....that gene was inserted into a sheep which also glowed blue......
since the question said varieties of colours, you cannot get a very large variety through selective breeding, because only limited alleles/genes are involved....however through genetic engineering the case is totally opposite.
True dat. Selective Breeding was not the ONLY thing i wrote in my answer by the way

Reaction score
true
w
That's just a layman term 'viral infection'.. Basically infections come from bateria. why are we at each other's throats over something not even relevant to Bio P2? lol
.true...but it isnt wrong to write viral infection in ur answers....anyway....i think that the following organs are acceptable
Stomach/Liver/Pancreas/Lungs, Organs like heart and intestine are not acceptable

Reaction score
true
.true...but it isnt wrong to write viral infection in ur answers....anyway....i think that the following organs are acceptable
Stomach/Liver/Pancreas/Lungs, Organs like heart and intestine are not acceptable
not even duodenum???? stomach is not acceptable it was in the question

Reaction score
not even duodenum???? stomach is not acceptable it was in the question
im talking in general that stomach is acceptable.....i knw u cnat mention it....and no duodenum is too far away to be under the threat of any serious infection...it can be infected....but there is not a high threat..very low...but maybe the scheme offers an exception..you never knw :)...just pray inshallah....all will be gd

Reaction score
im talking in general that stomach is acceptable.....i knw u cnat mention it....and no duodenum is too far away to be under the threat of any serious infection...it can be infected....but there is not a high threat..very low...but maybe the scheme offers an exception..you never knw :)...just pray inshallah....all will be gd
Is Spleen Allowed?

Reaction score
if it had been above the diaphragm only then lungs would be exposed to infection....kidneys is also wrong..

Reaction score
l
liver and lungs is correct...very small chances of intestines being correct

I wrote diaphragm and liver????

And can you tell me what was the organ B???
And the differences between the blood vessels???
And the functions of J and L or whatever they were in the fermenter last part???

Reaction score

And the functions of J and L or whatever they were in the fermenter last part???
diaphragm is not exactly an organ.....
Kidney
Differences btween composition of ureter and renal artery
J-was the sparger/aeration device which provided oxygen
L- was the opening from which the nutrient broth was added.....

Reaction score
ea

exactly.... genes were transfered from another plant which had larger flower spikes and had a variety of colours.
But the question was actually 5 marks,didnot know how many keypoints it had:confused:
Have u looked at the cultivated and wild bananas question? It either came last year or the year before that. The lupins questions was exactly the same as that one! And no no wild lupins can be asexually grown...there's a name for it...u can check on google

Reaction score

Organ B was Kidney.

Differences in the contents of renal artery and ureter respectively:

1)Glucose present, glucose absent,
2)Amino acids present, amino acids absent,
3)relatively less urea uric acid and creatinine, the contrary in other column
4)white blood cells present, W.B.Cs absent.

J was the inlet war pouring the micro-organism culture mixed with nutrients like ammonium sulphate glucose etc/
L was the sparger that blows sterile oxygen in the fermenter for aerobic respiration of the micro-organisms.

Reaction score
Have u looked at the cultivated and wild bananas question? It either came last year or the year before that. The lupins questions was exactly the same as that one! And no no wild lupins can be asexually grown...there's a name for it...u can check on google
yeah wild lupins cant be grown asexually.........and that question cam in June 2011 5090/21..they can only grow sexually.....but commercailly produced lupins grow asexually....

Reaction score
wat d

did u write the same answers as I posted