• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
Reaction score
true
.true...but it isnt wrong to write viral infection in ur answers....anyway....i think that the following organs are acceptable
Stomach/Liver/Pancreas/Lungs, Organs like heart and intestine are not acceptable
what about kidneys man ?

Reaction score
What is the threshold for A* this time ? Any ideas guys ?? nd in the very last question if the two parts are described oppositely ( Sperger - Nutrients and Nutrients-Sperger ) will CIE allow partial credit..

Reaction score
Commercial lupins are produced sexually so they have greater colour variations and have more viable seeds, as opposed to wild lupins which are asexually reproduced...or maybe it was the other way round. I can't remember the question. It could've been cross and self pollination (but that was in the greenhouse question)...I really can't remember

Wrote the same thing. I need to confirm one thing. The 7 mark question above it. I wrote every condition required except that I added that plants are protected from Sexual reproduction. Insects are kept away so pollination doesn't occur. Wrong?

Reaction score
True dat. Selective Breeding was not the ONLY thing i wrote in my answer by the way

Wrote selective breeding as well. But I ended by saying that when the desirable traits are formed in a generation, they are made to reproduce asexually to get the same qualities by Mitosis. Right?

Reaction score
I
Organ B was Kidney.

Differences in the contents of renal artery and ureter respectively:

1)Glucose present, glucose absent,
2)Amino acids present, amino acids absent,
3)relatively less urea uric acid and creatinine, the contrary in other column
4)white blood cells present, W.B.Cs absent.

J was the inlet war pouring the micro-organism culture mixed with nutrients like ammonium sulphate glucose etc/
L was the sparger that blows sterile oxygen in the fermenter for aerobic respiration of the micro-organisms.

I wrote More Glucose, Less Glucose.
More Urea, less urea.
More Amino acids, less amino acids. Am I fucked?

Reaction score
I

I wrote More Glucose, Less Glucose.
More Urea, less urea.
More Amino acids, less amino acids. Am I fucked?
two pints are wrng.....u cannot say that glucose and amino acids were present in urine, bcoz that's wat u r saying when u say more and less...since the quesion specified that a healthy person's differences were to be mentioned, you cannot say more and less.

Reaction score
Wrote selective breeding as well. But I ended by saying that when the desirable traits are formed in a generation, they are made to reproduce asexually to get the same qualities by Mitosis. Right?
partially....but not compeletely...since it was a 5 mark question 2 -3 marks may be deducted.

Reaction score
Liver is correct....but not kidney......

Clear another query. That 7 marks question. I wrote all the essential conditions. I ended it by saying plants are protected from reproducing sexually. Insects are kept away to prevent pollination.

Reaction score
What is the threshold for A* this time ? Any ideas guys ?? nd in the very last question if the two parts are described oppositely ( Sperger - Nutrients and Nutrients-Sperger ) will CIE allow partial credit..
On misreading a question a mark value known MSR-2 is awarded...so if it is a 5 mark question, the examiner may award 1-2 marks...