• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
The lupins question did mention commercially...It was Q3(b)
it didnt say anythng abt cultivated...you are confusing it with the quesiton in the past papers....they are not exactly the same.....
also writing and self and cross pollination in the other one is a pretty major mistake.

That's the same question in which they gave Nitrogen cycle, right?

Reaction score
Oh God!....first all since the question said cotnrolled conditions, writing abt a greenhouse wouldnt be particulary right....
u had to write abt asexual reproduction....n Q6(b)
Have u ever taken off time to go over marking schemes? Just someone in mama parsi...they usually get distinctions in bio.
Asexual rep and self pollination give more or less the same results...I can bet the ms would've mentioned both, if not just aelfpollinatiob...

Reaction score
Have u ever taken off time to go over marking schemes? Just someone in mama parsi...they usually get distinctions in bio.
Asexual rep and self pollination give more or less the same results...I can bet the ms would've mentioned both, if not just aelfpollinatiob...
self pollination involves fusion of male and female gametes...asexual reproduction dosent...how can they give the same results....

Reaction score
Explain why plants grown in this way, show less variety and are weaker and smaller than plants grown in other ways?

That was the question
Yeah so why would they be weaker and smaller, if they're grown asexually? Aelfpollinatiob produces less viable seeds that don't grow as much...

Reaction score
Explain why plants grown in this way, show less variety and are weaker and smaller than plants grown in other ways?

That was the question
As long as you supported your answer with sufficient evidence and it makes sense thereafter, I don't see how it will be marked wrong....that's what happens in literature

Reaction score
Yeah so why would they be weaker and smaller, if they're grown asexually? Aelfpollinatiob produces less viable seeds that don't grow as much...
in asexual reproduction no variation occurs so no evolution occurs...etc......they would eventually get weaker bcoz, recessive alleles would start to build up..in the population...a single genetic allele coudl wipe out an entire population..Also overcrowding and competition for food, makes the plants weaker....

Reaction score
As long as you supported your answer with sufficient evidence and it makes sense thereafter, I don't see how it will be marked wrong....that's what happens in literature
yeah...but this isnt literature.....This is science...however your point is absolutely right...If you give enough accurate facts to support it its correct...:)..well lets see wat happens when the results come out;.

Reaction score
in asexual reproduction no variation occurs so no evolution occurs...etc......they would eventually get weaker bcoz, recessive alleles would start to build up..in the population...a single genetic allele coudl wipe out an entire population..Also overcrowding and competition for food, makes the plants weaker....
How do alleles get built up...that happens in selfpollination. In asexual, the alleles are passed on as they are. Overcrowding can happen in selfpollination as well

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah the same type of alleles..the s
Daughter plant will have the same no of recessive alleles as the parent plant... Accumulation of such alleles occurs in selfpollination. Besides I'm not saying asexual is wrong..but I'm positive that selfpollination isn't either
oh...yeah...okay...no self-pollination is also nt wrng.....wikipedia says that self-pollination and asexual mitoitc reproduction both result in buildin up of recessive alleles.

Reaction score
Man , almost everyone got this right , this is not the thing that should be discussed ... what was the answer to that 'hole above diaphragm' question ? That is where most of us are wrong ... some wrote about infections in lung but that is totally wrong according to google and wikipedia.According to them a hole in thoracic cavity leads a disease called "PneumoThorax" in which air enters the thoracic cavity and builds up a pressure which prevents lungs from expanding.As a result there is difficulty in breathing.Now i dont know if anyone has written it but i did mention pressure changes in my answer.Some people have written that lungs will be punctured which will cause the alveoli to burst , decreasing surface area of lungs and causing breathing problem.Again even that is wrong according to wikipedia , a punctured lung does not lead to bursted alveoli instead it causes lungs to collapse as air leaks out of lungs into thoracic cavity which makes it unable to expand and cause it to collapse ... What are your views guyz ?