• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 22 Discussion thread.

Reaction score
b
So, I'll score 1 out of 4. Any chance the examiner could give me a mark for writing more oxygen less oxygen? -_-
btw in english paper 2,
what was that one word describing 'people got stuck in mud often'?
the sequence of true/fals:

True, Cannot Tell and False?

Reaction score
DID YOU SEE THE ANSWERS FOR THAT QUESTION IN PLAB ASKING FOR THREE ORGANS? (was one of the answers lungs?)
Answers arent available. However I did ask my dad, he said that liver, and lungs etc should be perfectly acceptable....

Reaction score
as ritx said, there is no sense in writing more oxygen in blood or less oxygen in urine.......
Oh god...it was a 4 marks question. It asked us to compare the COMPONENTS of blood and urine, and what do u know, a little oxygen could dissolve in the metabolic water and be excreted

Reaction score
b
btw in english paper 2,

I wrote true false cannottell
What was the single word they asked for in the next passage

Reaction score
Man , almost everyone got this right , this is not the thing that should be discussed ... what was the answer to that 'hole above diaphragm' question ? That is where most of us are wrong ... some wrote about infections in lung but that is totally wrong according to google and wikipedia.According to them a hole in thoracic cavity leads a disease called "PneumoThorax" in which air enters the thoracic cavity and builds up a pressure which prevents lungs from expanding.As a result there is difficulty in breathing.Now i dont know if anyone has written it but i did mention pressure changes in my answer.Some people have written that lungs will be punctured which will cause the alveoli to burst , decreasing surface area of lungs and causing breathing problem.Again even that is wrong according to wikipedia , a punctured lung does not lead to bursted alveoli instead it causes lungs to collapse as air leaks out of lungs into thoracic cavity which makes it unable to expand and cause it to collapse ... What are your views guyz ?
Very true, devilmaycryred. Even I have written the same thing, even applied a bit of physics here. My teacher also says that this condition is called 'pneumothorax'.

Reaction score
Very true, devilmaycryred. Even I have written the same thing, even applied a bit of physics here. My teacher also says that this condition is called 'pneumothorax'.

This disease and its details are way too complicated according to our standards. I hope that the CIE examiners would be lenient in this question and accept our ideologies ;)

Reaction score
b
btw in english paper 2,

I wrote the word "Rescue", n to the other one, i answered true, false, cannot tell

Reaction score
i wrote about blood cells being absent and present, composition of glucose and amino acids, composition of urea, and the fact that C (renal artery carries blood) while F(ureter) carries urine.
i wrote about glucose, proteins, fats n red blood cells - all of which r absent in the ureter

Reaction score
Oh god...it was a 4 marks question. It asked us to compare the COMPONENTS of blood and urine, and what do u know, a little oxygen could dissolve in the metabolic water and be excreted
of course oxygen can dissolve in it, but it dosent look suitable..who knows the examiners may accept it, because they gave a question like this before and in that marking scheme , no such difference b/w oxygen composition was mentioned.
well you jsut got 1 wrong, that is if you got it wrong...you wnt knw that unitl the result comes out.

Reaction score
You are not required to mention high -profile disease names overhere,....On a verry basic level, stating that the lungs are punctured, alveoli will be damaged, along with blood vessels is enough....stating about pressure is also perfectly fine.........actually even writing abt infections may be accepted at this level.

Reaction score
You are not required to mention high -profile disease names overhere,....On a verry basic level, stating that the lungs are punctured, alveoli will be damaged, along with blood vessels is enough....stating about pressure is also perfectly fine.........actually even writing abt infections may be accepted at this level.
Basically i wrote that pressure could not be built up due to air entering in thorax (during inhaling) and leaving thorax (during exhaling).This will reduce the difference in pressure between atmosphere and thorax causing a reduced volume of air to enter or leave lungs.This will cause difficulty in breathing.I curse myself for not writing about alveoli stuff.
Any hope for some marks ?