• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BIOLOGY PAPER 22

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I was on a hurry that I made some stupid spelling mistakes :/
For example : I wrote cristea instead of cristae and Glycositic bonds instead of Glycosidic.
Do you guys think that would make me lose a lot of marks ?
Do you think we HAVE to mention glycosedic bond? I just said 1,6 linkage..

Reaction score

In that question you should write, Amylopectin is Branched and have 1-6 Glycosidic bonds, While Amylose is Unbranched and have 1-4 Glycosidic bonds.. You can say that Amylopectin forms Glycogen in Animal cells, while a Mixture of Amylopectin and Amylose forms starch in plant cells ( This is optional, I wrote this just in case and to fill up empty lines of the question).

Reaction score
"linkage" is a very common term... the term "glycosidic" was required...
Check november 2008 paper 2. This was a repeated question. And check the mark scheme for the answer.

Reaction score
In that question you should write, Amylopectin is Branched and have 1-6 Glycosidic bonds, While Amylose is Unbranched and have 1-4 Glycosidic bonds.. You can say that Amylopectin forms Glycogen in Animal cells, while a Mixture of Amylopectin and Amylose forms starch in plant cells ( This is optional, I wrote this just in case and to fill up empty lines of the question).
Amylopectin contains 1-6 glycosidic bonds, and 1-4 glycosidic bonds too...

Reaction score
guys, will I get penalised if I wrote CTC instead of CTT in the HbA and HbS question? I wrote all the necessary info other than the codes such as, single-base-substitution, another triplet, mutation in beta chain and valine instead of glutamate!
Also for question of micrograph I didn't describe or explain the organelles I just wrote them :(
HELP PLS!!

Reaction score
guys, will I get penalised if I wrote CTC instead of CTT in the HbA and HbS question? I wrote all the necessary info other than the codes such as, single-base-substitution, another triplet, mutation in beta chain and valine instead of glutamate!
Also for question of micrograph I didn't describe or explain the organelles I just wrote them :(
HELP PLS!!

I don't know about alleles but as you wrote other necessary info they will award marks on it, and wrong info will be penalized you might get 2/3
I think the micograph had 3 marks on it, 1 mark on each answer (Organelle + Description), so sorry I think you might get 0/3.. sorry dude just hope for a low curve

Reaction score
HELP PLS!!
there is no negative marking, so if u wrote three other correct points.. you would be awarded the 3 marks.. and the wrong point would be ignored.

Reaction score
was description required in the micrograph question?? :eek:
Yes, the question was to write Organelles that you can only see by Electronic Microscope and describe their structure, that's why it had two lines for each answer..
such as: Ribosomes, Consists of Two sub-units (large sub unit & Small Sub unit) with a space in between called "Cleft" site of placing mRNA.