• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 5

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Can someone please post out tips for biology paper 5 and wat topics i should know so that i can sit for the paper tomorrow, i really dont know what to study. thanks. all the best guys :)

Reaction score
Do revise all the p5s as well as examiner reports ... plus the standard deviation, standard error , t-test and chi-squared test :)

Reaction score
i think u need to go through these two chapters of application as well biotechnology and gene technology!!

Reaction score
I strongly advise you to be clear about the stats portion as that is sure to come!!!

Reaction score
T-test is used when data has continuous variation/distribution ... you should know a continuous variation curve... or a bell-shaped curve...
Chi-squared test is used when data has discontinuous variation...

Reaction score
beacon_of_light said:
T-test is used when data has continuous variation/distribution ... you should know a continuous variation curve... or a bell-shaped curve...
Chi-squared test is used when data has discontinuous variation...

Bell shaped as in normal distribution curve? And one more thing, both of them have the same function rite? Cmiiw

Reaction score
yes bell shaped = normal distribution ...
yeah both have the same purpose to " see whether the results have a significant difference or are by chance"