• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 Graphs Question

Reaction score
I had a question in general. Specifically I was doing M/J/08 Paper 6, and I came across the graph question. I knew that the scale had to be even, but I felt that by making the scale even, I was contradicting another aspect of graph making. I felt that because the scale was even, I wouldn't be able to gain marks for filling more than half the printed grid. I really need advice on this, as I have constantly doubted my self while answering graph questions in Biology and Chemistry alike. A compilation of your tips on how to do it properly would be very useful.
Thanks

Reaction score
independent variable goes on x-axis
and dependent variable goes on y-axis. u would get it accurate if u remeber tht.

Reaction score
In simpler words :- What we are trying to experiment on is always on the y axis and what we have control on is on the x axis
Eg I Think in this case Time/Min will be on x axis and Temp on y axis. Hope that helped :)

Reaction score
Mutha Rushabh said:
In simpler words :- What we are trying to experiment on is always on the y axis and what we have control on is on the x axis
Eg I Think in this case Time/Min will be on x axis and Temp on y axis. Hope that helped :)

I've understood that point, but I'm trying to find out for instance lets say the x axis values go from 60-70 with an interval every two numbers ie. 60, 62, 64 ,66 ,68 ,70. it would make no sense on the x axis to begin the x axis at 0, and then go 0, 10 , 20, 30 40 ,50 60 70. there's no way you could fill more than half the graph, which is a requirement for a mark in the graph questions. in this case what should i do?
i hope i made sense.

Reaction score
Ismail Breiwish said:
Mutha Rushabh said:

I've understood that point, but I'm trying to find out for instance lets say the x axis values go from 60-70 with an interval every two numbers ie. 60, 62, 64 ,66 ,68 ,70. it would make no sense on the x axis to begin the x axis at 0, and then go 0, 10 , 20, 30 40 ,50 60 70. there's no way you could fill more than half the graph, which is a requirement for a mark in the graph questions. in this case what should i do?
i hope i made sense.
U can surely start with any number , in this case 70,or if readings are like 10,20,30,40..u can start with 10 and not 0
I'm sure this is what the examiner report says!!