• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 MAY/JUNE 2010 [Discussion]

Reaction score
I mean by that look at the first reply ( MINE) i posted what u need . READ THE TOPIC FRom THE Beginnig

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
karimehab said:
What was the similarity and the differences between the sweet potato and Irish potato?
my ans.:both have scales
difference first column=>thick outer layer and round cross section
2nd column thin outer layer and oval cross section
remember there r many possible ans. and dont think my ans r 100% correct but that % one im sure 100% :)

Reaction score
@math angel n Karimehab
i put both answers that they would either stretch or some would return to their original positions or soome would be permanently deformed after being stretched....since it was 3mk but im not sure of the answer.....

Reaction score
Dean713 said:
@math angel n Karimehab
i put both answers that they would either stretch or some would return to their original positions or soome would be permanently deformed after being stretched....since it was 3mk but im not sure of the answer.....

REturn to original , 20 mm , artery is elastic so it will only stretch with the force of weight

Reaction score
for the diff for the potatoes i put that one has a thick outer surface layer and the other has a thin outer surface layer n one has a regular shape and the other has an irregular shape.
similarity i put both have a smooth surface when cut.

Reaction score
Dean713 said:
for the diff for the potatoes i put that one has a thick outer surface layer and the other has a thin outer surface layer n one has a regular shape and the other has an irregular shape.
similarity i put both have a smooth surface when cut.

100% correct , i will add this to topic , thx bro

Reaction score
A.W.H said:
Hello Guys , I have just finished the exam.It was a piece of cake.I took 1st variant and it was easy.

Tomato Question Was a Tricky one , but by thinking it came.Thanks to god.

THE ANSWER OF MOST QUESTIONS
------------------------------------------------------

[1st Question]

Labelled X ...> ARTERY

IDentification ...> THicker wall , narrow lumer/Tube = artery

GRaph

LABEL OF AXIS --> x-axis = weight/g y-axis=increase in diameter/mm

Prediction ...> return to original length , 20 mm , as artery is elastic .

[2nd Question]

Similarty....> Both Have EYES OR Both have smooth surface when cut

Differences ...> 1- Sweet potato : THICK SKIN IRISH : THINSKIN

2- Sweet POTATO :Narrow / Tall IRISH: BROAD/Wide

3- Sweet : irregular shape IRISH : Regular shape

TEST : STARCH >> IODINe Solution :mrgreen:
Reducing >> BENEDICT

COMPREA COLOURS , THe more DARKER More CONTain Strach/Reducing Sugar.

[3rd Question]

Counting ...> A=>19 , B=>2 , C=>9

% = 80% , 19/20×100 - 2/20×100 = 80%

[TICKY Question] Guys , this was a question in the 90s past paper , same question but different language , tomato juice is[/color] ACIDIC so it isnot suitable , u will say ph=6 , but with time , 5 days , juice will become more acidic. Come on guys when u leave fresh juice in air what happen?

CHEcK THE PH SCALE , Tomato at pH 4 http://www.odec.ca/projects/2005/edgc5c ... hscale.gif

* I know it is a tough Question , but if u revised chemisrty , pH chapter , it could helped u

{ Maybe Water potential , Why not ? }

Planing ...> Preparing different concentration and put seeds leave it for 5 days count who many germentated
--------------

That's all

I hope i answered well

Let's open a discussion for the questions

I think your percentage is wrong my friend. It said calculate the percentage increase. If you do maths you know that it isn't done like that. My answer was 18/2*100 which gave me 900%, but i think its meant to be 800%. Sorry if I'm wrong :p As for the prediction of what will happen to the blodd vessel when the weights are removes, i wrote it would return back to 20 but i dont do physicsm and my friends who do told me the flat part of the graph was its "limit of elasticity" or something, and since it had passed the limit, it can't go back to normal. I hope they're wrong though :)

Reaction score
Math Angel, its asking you to say the % increase from Flask C to Flask B.

9 out of 10 seeds germinated in flask C = 18 out of 20
2 out of 20 seeds germinated in Flask B

So, in flask C, 18-2=16 more seeds germinated.

So 16/2*100=800%

Reaction score
I think your percentage is wrong my friend. It said calculate the percentage increase. If you do maths you know that it isn't done like that. My answer was 18/2*100 which gave me 900%, but i think its meant to be 800%. Sorry if I'm wrong :p As for the prediction of what will happen to the blodd vessel when the weights are removes, i wrote it would return back to 20 but i dont do physicsm and my friends who do told me the flat part of the graph was its "limit of elasticity" or something, and since it had passed the limit, it can't go back to normal. I hope they're wrong though :)

yea the percentage one u got wrong in the first post. It is 800 % i think that was the hardest question in the paper, and just think about it, how can it be 80 % ???? I think it should be more than 100 % here just two germinated while here 9, so very big difference !!

Reaction score
ok then , lets do some math here

RATIOS
--------

Dish B : Dish C
20: 10 seeds
2:9 Germenated

We doubled the seed in C that mean ×2 , SO

Dish B : Dish C
2:18

2÷20 × 100 = 10% ONLY GERMENated in Dish B

18÷20 × 100 = 90 % ONLY GERMENATED in Dish C