• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 MAY/JUNE 2010 [Discussion]

Reaction score
rawan16 said:
how cum i got a completely diffrent paper???!! i am in dubai!! :shock:

don't worry they make different questions so to kill cheating,I 've a friend from dubai from Al Dhafra Private School

Reaction score
rawan16 said:
how cum i got a completely diffrent paper???!! i am in dubai!! :shock:

Don't worry bro. Cambridge set different papers for different parts of the world to avoid cheating by people telling each other what came in the paper. relax ;)

Reaction score
ASTAR said:
the % is 800 %
see
9/10=18/20
[[18-2]/2]*100=800%
800% is the right solution

OKay Still Not Convinced , but i think we have "8" common but "zeros" are the problem

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i think we better leave that otherwise i fear well break out into a fight

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
i think we better leave that otherwise i fear well break out into a fight

xD , I edited my thread and put 800%

Yeah Let's relax we have List ep4 2omorrow

Reaction score
hey guys i put the mass on the y axsis and the increase in diameter on x axsis
(similar to physica force on y axis and extension on x axis )
and the answer is it will not return b ack to its original lenght because it looses its elasticity

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
it has been told that x is independent variable and y axis the dependent so y varies due to change in x may be u missed out anyway u'll 1 or 2 marks for that may be they forgive you

Reaction score
abdallah said:
hey guys i put the mass on the y axsis and the increase in diameter on x axsis
(similar to physica force on y axis and extension on x axis )
and the answer is it will not return b ack to its original lenght because it looses its elasticity

Dont worry only u lost 1 mark as incorrect labeling

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
it has been told that x is independent variable and y axis the dependent so y varies due to change in x may be u missed out anyway u'll 1 or 2 marks for that may be they forgive you

Maybe too

Reaction score
Hey Guys Check this From WIKIPEDIA

Modelling elasticity

The elastic regime is characterized by a linear relationship between stress and strain, denoted linear elasticity. The classic example is a metal spring. This idea was first stated[1] by Robert Hooke in 1675 as a Latin anagram "ceiiinossssttuu"[2] whose solution he published in 1678 as "Ut tensio, sic vis" which means "As the extension, so the force."

This linear relationship is called Hooke's law. The classic model of linear elasticity is the perfect spring. Although the general proportionality constant between stress and strain in three dimensions is a 4th order tensor, when considering simple situations of higher symmetry such as a rod in one dimensional loading, the relationship may often be reduced to applications of Hooke's law.

Because most materials are elastic only under relatively small deformations, several assumptions are used to linearize the theory. Most importantly, higher order terms are generally discarded based on the small deformation assumption. In certain special cases, such as when considering a rubbery material, these assumptions may not be permissible. However, in general, elasticity refers to the linearized theory of the continuum stresses and strains.

Reaction score
Guys when the diameter was 17 again , its was experimental error so the answer will be " it will return to its orginal shape" :)

Reaction score
I did variant paper 2, and the topics were completely different...first question:

Teeth of a sheep and a carnivorous dog, you had to compare each one, and there was a food test for fat

and then the second was question was about holly leaves...you had to count the number of spines on each leave, and enter it into the tally chart...after which you make a bar chart of....and then the last question was on bacteria, very simple, we had to label a hypha, and spores on a fungus, and then they asked for differences between animal cells, and bacterial cells, and plant cells and bacterial cells, and then the similarity between a plant and bacterial cell. Then the last question was on antibiotics...they said that antibiotics prevent cell walls of bacteria to form...how does taking antibiotics help a human..which was easy...and then the last question gave a illustration of an agar plate with a layer of bacteria , and different circles soaked in antibiotics, and you had to decide which one is most successful one in killing the bacteria, by measuring the diameter around the antibiotics on the plates.

Reaction score
Ismail Breiwish said:
I did variant paper 2, and the topics were completely different...first question:

Teeth of a sheep and a carnivorous dog, you had to compare each one, and there was a food test for fat

and then the second was question was about holly leaves...you had to count the number of spines on each leave, and enter it into the tally chart...after which you make a bar chart of....and then the last question was on bacteria, very simple, we had to label a hypha, and spores on a fungus, and then they asked for differences between animal cells, and bacterial cells, and plant cells and bacterial cells, and then the similarity between a plant and bacterial cell. Then the last question was on antibiotics...they said that antibiotics prevent cell walls of bacteria to form...how does taking antibiotics help a human..which was easy...and then the last question gave a illustration of an agar plate with a layer of bacteria , and different circles soaked in antibiotics, and you had to decide which one is most successful one in killing the bacteria, by measuring the diameter around the antibiotics on the plates.

I think ur 2nd variant is stuffed with tricky questions

Reaction score
Well , Back here, In India :
Our paper SUCKED !
for 3 marks we were supposed to count 20 leaves and the no of spines on them !Not cool Bro not cool !
A graph on the table of spines, Our Batch took 10 mins to find out which graph is supposed to be used Bar or Line
We were given a Dogs and a sheep's skull and we were supposed to find the difference in the teeth structure and the surface of the teeth and how they are helpful
and NO magnification came.
The last question was pretty easy though about which antibody was the best. Overall It was an Okayish paper :(

Reaction score
Hey people wait a minute i have done biology paper 6 my an dmy firends in school and my firends in the country
but there was no tomato questions
no heart related questions
no vein or arteries questions
wut was that u dissucing another paper ot wut???
isnt it May/June 2010 or not...

Reaction score
I wrote the seeds where dormant because of too much competition for water in the tomato juice which has a low water potential. I put 800% for the other question. [(18-2)/2]*100. All you had to do was remember the percentage increase in math.
I forgot to label the axis :/

Reaction score
The answer for the pecentage increase question is 800% because you have to put the 100% under the 2 and cross multiply