• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology Paper 6 MAY/JUNE 2010 [Discussion]

Reaction score
Hello Guys , I have just finished the exam.It was a piece of cake.I took 1st variant and it was easy.

Tomato Question Was a Tricky one , but by thinking it came.Thanks to god.

THE ANSWER OF MOST QUESTIONS
------------------------------------------------------

[1st Question]

Labelled X ...> ARTERY

IDentification ...> THicker wall , narrow lumer/Tube = artery

GRaph

LABEL OF AXIS --> x-axis = weight/g y-axis=increase in diameter/mm

Prediction ...> return to original length , 20 mm , as artery is elastic .

[2nd Question]

Similarty....> Both Have EYES OR Both have smooth surface when cut

Differences ...> 1- Sweet potato : THICK SKIN IRISH : THINSKIN

2- Sweet POTATO :Narrow / Tall IRISH: BROAD/Wide

3- Sweet : irregular shape IRISH : Regular shape

TEST : STARCH >> IODINe Solution :mrgreen:
Reducing >> BENEDICT

COMPREA COLOURS , THe more DARKER More CONTain Strach/Reducing Sugar.

[3rd Question]

Counting ...> A=>19 , B=>2 , C=>9

% = 80% , 19/20×100 - 2/20×100 = 80% OR 800% BUT DON'T ASK ME HOW

[TICKY Question] Guys , this was a question in the 90s past paper , same question but different language , tomato juice is[/color] ACIDIC so it isnot suitable , u will say ph=6 , but with time , 5 days , juice will become more acidic. Come on guys when u leave fresh juice in air what happen?

CHEcK THE PH SCALE , Tomato at pH 4 http://www.odec.ca/projects/2005/edgc5c ... hscale.gif

* I know it is a tough Question , but if u revised chemisrty , pH chapter , it could helped u

{ Maybe Water potential , Why not ? }

Planing ...> Preparing different concentration and put seeds leave it for 5 days count who many germentated
--------------

That's all

I hope i answered well

Let's open a discussion for the questions

Reaction score
u mean the last question? what did u write for that one?

Is less water potential right?

Reaction score
Nope Sryy Guys , Tomato Juice is Known for its acidity.What happen When u leave such a juice exposed to air for 5 days ? , "7ay7mad", Get More ACIDIC OFCOURSE.SO ACIDIC SOLUTION ISNOT SUITABLE FOR GERMENTATION

Reaction score
I think asma is right i wrote that tomato juice had low water potential so less water entered the seeds and less enzymes activated so low number of seeds germinated and i think you answer i wrong ahmed

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yes bcoz dish B and dich C was the same pH!!!i also wrote abt the cunc. of water in each less in B and more in C

Reaction score
i said that there is a less competetion for water (in the juice , whatever ) and oxygen in DISH C as they r only 10 seeds but DISH B has 20 seeds and i also said that may be the juice is quite concentrated

Reaction score
guys 1. what was the label of the axis in the graph of the mass of weights and the increase in the diameter of the blood vessel ???? :)
2. what were the labels required in the first drawing of the artery ( blood vessel X ) ? :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
karimehab said:
the last one which is under the graph
i went through the question and noticed that they mentioned nthng abt elastic walls so i thought they r testing whether we know that or not so i wrote that they will return to original shape due to the elastic walls they have the ability to return to original pos. after stretching!!but my friends all said the line was getting flat...so it wont come to original will remain stretched !! ur choice choose one!! ;)

Reaction score
Math_Angel it will remain stretched if you know, that a doctor medicates atheroma by stretching the cronoary artery so arterys and veins stay stretched and never return to original position and the explanation would be that it had elastic walls which can stretch itself

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
well i dont know just consider a rubber band =>elastic returs to original after stretching!!!well dont worry the marking scheme might give marks for both if correct reasoning to support