• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

biology paper 6

Reaction score
there's this other question that says why was the onion layer separated before measuring

Reaction score
About the conclusion about albumen the most reasonable answer atm is that acid denatured protein in albumen changing its structure forming the white solid. I dont think they will credit saying that albumen is alkaline. My answer was that it denatured enzymes in albumen forcing it to become white solid but probably they will reject it since they probably want the word protein not enzymes thats of course in case of that the first answer I stated was the correct one.

Reaction score
About the conclusion about albumen the most reasonable answer atm is that acid denatured protein in albumen changing its structure forming the white solid. I dont think they will credit saying that albumen is alkaline. My answer was that it denatured enzymes in albumen forcing it to become white solid but probably they will reject it since they probably want the word protein not enzymes thats of course in case of that the first answer I stated was the correct one.
i wrote tht the acid triggers the protective property of albumen which forms a white solid to protect the yolk is it right

Reaction score

Aren't enzymes globular proteins?

Reaction score
first concerning shading, if they will deduct for it, it will be one mark only.
labels for this drawing are: toes, claws, joint and scales
test for reducing sugar was benedict with water bath heating using lab coat as safety
albumen change to solid due the acid because it affects the protein structure like boiling the egg.
test for albumen is biuret where color change from blue to purple

Reaction score
look acid denaturate protien in the albumen and thats why it solidify anf become whit solid

Reaction score
I gave variant 62.i wanted to ask that if we only write the scale,plot 2 or three points(not the complete graph) and answer a question which says to describe the graph by only looking at the data given. would we gain marks?????????
i left the graph incomplete in biology 62 but answered the question about it plz help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!