• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 61... DONE

How was the exam?

• Great

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Good and Bad

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • BAD!

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Repeat the experiment is only used when numbers are involved, I think. I wrote ensure same size and length, and use larger number of pieces, since he said improve "RELIABILITY" not "ACCURACY"

Er okay. I might've lost a mark there then :S
For the question where you had to measure the diamater of that circle.. did it ask for it in cm or mm? Please say cm.. :cry:

Reaction score
Er okay. I might've lost a mark there then :S
For the question where you had to measure the diamater of that circle.. did it ask for it in cm or mm? Please say cm.. :cry:
No they didnt mention, and at the end of the answer space, there was no specific unit, I measured horizontally and got 7.0 cm

Reaction score
Last question's answer is: It's continuous variation affected by the environment.
Measuring diameter, i guess u either had to measure all (not just inside) but they didn't say in the question so i guess there is a range for the measurement.
for the improve experiment i wrote: repeat experiment, same sized cut (not sure about it), increase duration and use more than 3 onion leaves. I know it's only two marks but because they didn't say write only two, i wrote more so they'll maybe count the right ones even if it's written the last.
what did u do for question above improve experiment which was 3 marks?

Reaction score
No they didnt mention, and at the end of the answer space, there was no specific unit, I measured horizontally and got 7.0 cm

OH GOD THANK YOU!
I did the same, and then changed both measurements into cm for magnification.
THANK YOU THANK YOU! I hope you remember correctly otherwise I'd lose around 3 marks there :s

Reaction score
Repeat the experiment is only used when numbers are involved, I think. I wrote ensure same size and length, and use larger number of pieces, since he said improve "RELIABILITY" not "ACCURACY"
sorry, i did not write "accuracy", i just remembered writing reliabiliy

Reaction score
Last question's answer is: It's continuous variation affected by the environment.
Measuring diameter, i guess u either had to measure all (not just inside) but they didn't say in the question so i guess there is a range for the measurement.
for the improve experiment i wrote: repeat experiment, same sized cut (not sure about it), increase duration and use more than 3 onion leaves. I know it's only two marks but because they didn't say write only two, i wrote more so they'll maybe count the right ones even if it's written the last.
what did u do for question above improve experiment which was 3 marks?

Oo it could be continuous variation was well.. Hm.
For that 3 mark question you had to explain osmosis occurring. In one it was water molecules entering the leaf, and the other was leaving the leaf.
Just had to give more details .

Reaction score
OH GOD THANK YOU!
I did the same, and then changed both measurements into cm for magnification.
THANK YOU THANK YOU! I hope you remember correctly otherwise I'd lose around 3 marks there :s
Don't worry, Iam sure, but for the magnification we had to use mm, Right??

Reaction score
They didn't mention but you had to convert to mm because they said the actual length in mm..

Reaction score
for da histogram...did u take da frequency density like in math or just make a bar chart??

Reaction score
Oo it could be continuous variation was well.. Hm.
For that 3 mark question you had to explain osmosis occurring. In one it was water molecules entering the leaf, and the other was leaving the leaf.
Just had to give more details .
i explained the first two, but the last one which was in air i didn't know what to write!!

Reaction score
They didn't mention but you had to convert to mm because they said the actual length in mm..

Lets see, actual length = 5mm
Length I measured (in mm) = 71mm

71/5= 14.2

The way I did, actual length = 0.5cm
Length I measured (in cm) = 7.1 cm

7.1/0.5=14.2

I don't think it mattered which unit it was converted into.

Reaction score
i explained the first two, but the last one which was in air i didn't know what to write!!

You didn't have to write anything for the last. It said state what happens in those which you observed a change.. I just wrote for the first 2.

Reaction score
I wrote it was soft bcuz of da moisture in da air..

But then wouldn't the onion leaves naturally be soft? Since the grow in AIR.
It said mention those in which a change took place.. I don't think there was any change in the 3rd one.