• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology paper 61... DONE

How was the exam?

• Great

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Good

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Good and Bad

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • BAD!

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You didn't have to write anything for the last. It said state what happens in those which you observed a change.. I just wrote for the first 2.
I wrote no net water movement for the third one, the question was 3 marks.

Reaction score
Maybe, but I dont think they would cut a mark for using a different unit.

Well so far the only question that I'm 90% sure I lost a mark in is the improve the reliability one.
Shouldn't have written "repeat experiment" :S

Reaction score
You didn't have to write anything for the last. It said state what happens in those which you observed a change.. I just wrote for the first 2.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
r u sure??
but watever
i mean ill just lose one mark
plus i mentioned everythin else abt osmosis...

Reaction score
Lets see, actual length = 5mm
Length I measured (in mm) = 71mm

71/5= 14.2

The way I did, actual length = 0.5cm
Length I measured (in cm) = 7.1 cm

7.1/0.5=14.2

I don't think it mattered which unit it was converted into.
exactly

Reaction score
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
r u sure??
but watever
i mean ill just lose one mark
plus i mentioned everythin else abt osmosis...

Yeah ahah, don't worry even if you end up getting 30/40 you still have a shot at an A*.
Paper 6 is 30% of the mark x)

Reaction score
Well so far the only question that I'm 90% sure I lost a mark in is the improve the reliability one.
Shouldn't have written "repeat experiment" :S
Repeat experiment is ALWAYS used in experiments so it's right ;) even if u didn't have to repeat it.. i answered almost all past papers and they all mentioned REPEAT in all experiments unless they said it in the question.. Even if there was no numbers..

Reaction score
i shaded it though
cu it wasnt that visible
soooo is it fine?

I hope so.. I shaded it as well lol
Oh and btw since paper 3 is 80 marks, paper 1 is 40 and paper 2 is 40.. the total marks for bio is 160.
Paper 3 is 50% of that, so paper 6 is only 25% of our grade! Thank god x)

Reaction score
yea maybeeeee
did u draw a bar chart or take da frequency density like in math and draw a histogram??
Frequency Density?????????!!!!!! No I didnot use that, I just used Frequency as Y-Axis and Range of lengths/cm in X-Axis

Reaction score
I hope so.. I shaded it as well lol
Oh and btw since paper 3 is 80 marks, paper 1 is 40 and paper 2 is 40.. the total marks for bio is 160.
Paper 3 is 50% of that, so paper 6 is only 25% of our grade! Thank god x)
haha yea :D

Reaction score
That histogram question ffs. It was only 1 mark but I think I got it wrong.. I wrote natural selection.
But the answer was "variation among the species caused this type of shape" .. Thats what the smartest girl in my class wrote :S

So she wrote exactly what i wrote mashallah , i just made a mistake in the nematodes part i lost 3 marks in that. The rest was hamdilliah good.