• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology thoery & mcq discussion

Reaction score
heat from? plant? i dont think so plant gives out so much heat as mentioned in the question arund 32% ??? seems strange isnt it?

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
heat from? plant? i dont think so plant gives out so much heat as mentioned in the question arund 32% ??? seems strange isnt it?
Not plants ! They die and their organic matter is decomposed by bacteria and bacteria respire releasing heat to the soil :)

Reaction score
and wat abt the mcq in which there was a food web and they asked how many harbivores were there.?

Reaction score
Jinkglex said:
i wrote that when the plant dies it gets decomposed by bacteria (Nutrients) and releases Nitrogen from ammonium compounds after break down (nitrogen fixing bacteria) im pretty sure temprature isnt right guys, because temprature is lost to the surroundings very fast to attain normality, and thus the seeds (btw, they didnt even say seeds in the surrounding area, they said how this process helps FURTHER seeds in growing here) rarely get any heat at all i bet. So im pretty sure the nutrients being released into soil is the correct one.

i wrote the same as u ! i hope u r right..alot f marks are at stake so cant be sure f nythn :(
both seem to make sense..the question din given enuf glue wat kind f energy they meant
i wrote the AFTER germination part..but then they r called seedlings :|
n as for the mcq..im confused between starch and cellulose..
cellulose is in every cell but then starch is stored as starch granules
i answered starch tho :\ my xam din go well for sure ! cudn have done better :(

Reaction score
are u guys sure abt the 5....i dnt think so..!
the ant was a primary consumer but definately not a herbivore...!

Reaction score
for how many marks was the question about the energy released into soil by plant ....nd the next part about how seeds benefit from it?

Reaction score
Ghalya001 said:
Soulgamer said:
Oh then i suppose ive got one mcq wrong 4 sure.! :cry:
dunno wat made me change my ans at the last min :x

i changed one of m correct answers too....the one about the sizes of the micro organisms...its natural :friends:

Reaction score
Jinkglex said:
it asked for major source of carbon. Which is cellulose, OR, starch. Not sure.
And they didnt ask germination, exactly, they said how does it help seeds eventually :)

how can it be cellulose its not acted upon by the soil bacteria right. And also proteins are made of carbon plus the nitrogen cycle was given. 8)

Reaction score
well you see, EVERYTHING is decomposed by bacteria except for plastics :p!!! and bacteria are in, out, everywhere in the soil. so when plant dies, they decompose it, use just a lil bit of energy and release the rest as heat. this heat helps the seeds which are dormant, to germinate. seeds donot need anything other than water, temperature and oxygen.

Reaction score
Dat energy isnt enufff to make the seeds germinate.....n wat abt countries with extremities of temperature tooo hot or cold.....this heat wud b i thnk of no use at all....!!!!

Reaction score
muzzamil said:
Dat energy isnt enufff to make the seeds germinate.....n wat abt countries with extremities of temperature tooo hot or cold.....this heat wud b i thnk of no use at all....!!!!

how did u answer the question ? wrote bout nutrients ?

Reaction score
Hold on, I'm getting terribly confused... What was the question before the heat used by the seeds one. What was the three Mark one? I can't remember for the life of me!

And wasn't it six herbivories....