• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books....

Reaction score
What is the reason you want to read books ?
Try reading Wheel of Time series, A really good one.

Reaction score
Xtremer said:

i dont need a reason to read a book Xtremer.....:p

Reaction score
falcon678 said:
Xtremer said:

i dont need a reason to read a book Xtremer.....:p

Way to go dude !! That's exactly what I'd say too. :)

Reaction score
Xtremer said:
try not writing this here @least :D
i don remmbr most of da good books i have read bt i will definitely try reading the one which arlery mentioned khalid housein ones :)
i read an amazing book whose name i dont remmbr :( it was i guess 'a little girl' or smthng :p lolzz m bad :)
the book names which i remmber :p
the lost symbol
the da vinci code
if tomorrow comes
n will tell u da rest wn i rmmbr da names :D lol

Reaction score
You SHOULD try the Percy Jackson series, it's uber amazing-ness keeps you glued until you get over with the whole book! It's about how when Greek Gods & Goddesses bear children with humans, who are then known as Half Bloods..& their encounter with the Titan of the Titans, Lord Kronus. The main guy is Percy, Son of Posiedon, his love interest, Annabeth, daughter of Athena & Grover, a satyr. The movie is sick, makes you want to kick Chris Columbus' Bum!
Then if you like to really really cry, try My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, PS I love you by Cecelia Ahern, Dear John & The Last Song, both by Nicholas Sparks.
Then I really dunno if you would like chick-lit novels but for a hearty laugh you SHOULD read the Boy series by Meg Cabot, The boy next Door, Boy Meets Girl & Every Boy's got one..Pretty Interesting

Reaction score
Read nineteen minutes by Jodi Piccoult it's an emotionally traumatizing book BUT I hate it because I've never read a more depressing ending. It forced me to SKIP the pages in the middle. Can you believe it? SKIP the pages. I've never done that. So yeah, but a lot of people really liked that book, so you might like it too.

Reaction score
@arlery Really? I always wanted to read that book. Actually I like reading depressing books, makes you feel that your problems are prolly nothing to what others face!

Reaction score
@aquariangurl the problem with me is I'm affected by the material I read. So if I read a non fiction book or a depressing ending, it really haunts me and depresses me and I hate getting depressed. So I stick to fantasy/fiction genre as that world doesn't exist, the most I'll feel is a yearning to live there, but no real thoughts as to what might happen if I was that character.

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
You SHOULD try the Percy Jackson series, it's uber amazing-ness keeps you glued until you get over with the whole book! It's about how when Greek Gods & Goddesses bear children with humans, who are then known as Half Bloods..& their encounter with the Titan of the Titans, Lord Kronus. The main guy is Percy, Son of Posiedon, his love interest, Annabeth, daughter of Athena & Grover, a satyr. The movie is sick, makes you want to kick Chris Columbus' Bum!
Then if you like to really really cry, try My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult, PS I love you by Cecelia Ahern, Dear John & The Last Song, both by Nicholas Sparks.
Then I really dunno if you would like chick-lit novels but for a hearty laugh you SHOULD read the Boy series by Meg Cabot, The boy next Door, Boy Meets Girl & Every Boy's got one..Pretty Interesting
read most of da books in here nys ones :) bt i h8 percys series :p (no offence)
n agree wd arlery here :p

Reaction score
@ arlery Gawd! So am I! So it's been a long time since I read something really nice & deep...I'm up till my neck with chick-lit at the moment...& those stupid people just closed down Borders near my house to open up Toys R us -____- So I'm kinda depressed atm.
As of yet the most boring book I've read is The Lovely Bones, like I literally banged my head! So No one should read it actually, it's hell!
@ Mystreygirl YOU HATE THE JACKSON SERIES!!! *sigh* I think it's one of the best fantasies I've ever read!

Reaction score
Nope. I've only read one Urdu novel in my whole life and that was pir-e-kaamil by Umaira Ahmed.

Reaction score
well i MUST recommend it to any book lover!!!
its in urdu,bit old though,but simply ingenious.......there's no book in the market with whom i can compare it!!n also ive no words to describe it!!!!!
:D :D

Reaction score
Ahan? Okay this time when I go to Pak, I'll definitely buy it, but the prob is it takes me AGES to complete Urdu novels because half the time I don't get the words and the other half is the painfully slow reading ability because I'm a bit unfamiliar with Urdu.

Reaction score
same here thou!!!!
but i can asure u that it will be fun n in some situations it will lead to stiches in ur sides due to laughin while in other situations u will be on the edge of ur seat due to the suspense of story........ :D