• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books....

Reaction score
Salam guyz...

Do u ppl know some good books??? im out of ideas for new ones.....i ve read HP series,Lost Symbol,Artimious Fowl, Hound of Baskerville etc etc......

so any ideas??????

Reaction score
Lord Of The Rings trilogy - J.R.R. Tolkien
Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini
Ranger's apprentice series- John Flanagan
The Abhorsen trilogy - Garth nix
Cirque Du Freak series - Darren Shan
The Hunger Games series - Suzanne Collins
Original Shannara trilogy - Terry Brooks

Reaction score
Each and every one[ I don't believe in suggesting without trying it myself first]. I would have recommended more but I don't really know which genre you like best.

Reaction score
genre is no prob........ i read every type of books....from romantic to action to susepense....... ;)

Reaction score
Paranormal romance

1) House Of The Night series - P.C. & Kristen Cast

I liked it because it somehow finally reinstated the actual image of vampyres that Stephenie Meyer destroyed with her sparkling good for nothing vegetarian vamps. The plot is good, the story is fast paced- it doesn't drag. The characters develop as the series progresses, however there is one main flaw. The love triangle and sometimes four sided love rectangle [if that's a description] was ridiculous. Other then that, it's a good read.

2) Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

Now this is one of my favorites in this genre. Well written, interesting range of characters and the best part is you never know how each book will end. An excellent and unexpected ending. I definitely recommend this one.

3) Strange angel series - Lili St. Crow

I like this series because it's quite different. The key element is originality and the protagonist is a fun, quirky yet really hard core. She is not like any of the stereotype pathetic idiotic girls in books who have absolutely zero self respect and pride and are terribly fragile. Again, as this book has a really good plot, it focuses more on the adventurous fast paced story. This is definitely worth a read.

4) Mortal Instrument series - Cassandra Clare
This is one of my all time favorites. It is probably the best book I've read in this genre. You'll have to read it to actually get what I'm saying. Maybe it's because I love the lead characters, or maybe just because it has all kinds of fictional supernatural races packed into a story.

PS: I strongly discourage reading the books 'Shiver' or 'Linger' by Maggie Stiefvater. They are pathetic books and a complete waste of time.

Reaction score
Kite runner - Khaled Hosseini

The story takes place in Afghanistan and revolves around the friendship of Amir and Hassan. It is one of the most beautiful books I've read and one that really touches the heart. Though this book will make you shed tears, I strongly recommend it. However, if like me, you can't stand depressing or sad endings, then you'll probably read it twice at most, and then, throw it at the back your closet. I gave mine to a friend so that I wouldn't contemplate reading it again.

Reaction score
The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins is the epitome of marvel. It really proves the line 'Never judge a book by it's cover' because if you don't read it judging it by it's cover, you will miss out on one of the most epic novels ever written. It takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where a government known as 'Capitol' dictates. You witness Katniss Everdeen's journey as she is chosen in the Hunger Games. This is one of the most compelling novels I've ever read. It's brilliance surpasses masterpieces such as Harry Potter and Eragon. But keep in mind that once you start reading it, you won't be able to stop.

Reaction score
arlery said:
Kite runner - Khaled Hosseini

The story takes place in Afghanistan and revolves around the friendship of Amir and Hassan. It is one of the most beautiful books I've read and one that really touches the heart. Though this book will make you shed tears, I strongly recommend it. However, if like me, you can't stand depressing or sad endings, then you'll probably read it twice at most, and then, throw it at the back your closet. I gave mine to a friend so that I wouldn't contemplate reading it again.
this is such a nice book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
A thousand splendid suns - Khaled Hosseini

This book made me cry even more then 'The Kite Runner'. Magnificently written, it portrays the reality of women in Afghanistan. The story revolves around around Mariam and Laila. Two women who have had entirely different brought ups and childhoods yet are destined to meet. The story of Mariam's life really touches you and makes you count your own blessings. However, I prefer Kite Runner to A thousand Splendid Suns, because this book made me really depressed. However, that is my own opinion, there are people who prefer this book to Kite Runner too. On the whole, though, it is a story not to be missed.

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
the best book is QURAN comon read it and understand it u will feel wayyy better :)

guyz i meant other then Quran....i read it for atleast an hour......:)

arlery said:

This book made me cry even more then 'The Kite Runner'. Magnificently written, it portrays the reality of women in Afghanistan. The story revolves around around Mariam and Laila. Two women who have had entirely different brought ups and childhoods yet are destined to meet. The story of Mariam's life really touches you and makes you count your own blessings. However, I prefer Kite Runner to A thousand Splendid Suns, because this book made me really depressed. However, that is my own opinion, there are people who prefer this book to Kite Runner too. On the whole, though, it is a story not to be missed.

ive read that book......my heart cldnt get out of its effect for full one week.........:(

Reaction score
I know right, it's such a touching book.
Anyway, if you like suspense, drama, thriller and historical fiction, you could try Jeffery Archer's Sons of fortune.

Reaction score
arlery said:

this is so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love this book!
ofcourse quran is my first priority!

Reaction score
tnx for a looong list Arlery again...my summer vacations will pass in a jify......... :D :D :D