• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

BUSINESS and ECONOMICS:post your doubts here!

Reaction score
According to me, the answer should be D.
But it's C in the MS. How? o_O
View attachment 48150

Under normal equilibrium price consumer surplus would have been F+G+H. While the imposition of maximum price reduces the price, it also shrinks the quantity traded because supplier are not willing supply the same quantity at lower prices. Therefore the new consumer surplus would be F+G+I

Reaction score
Reaction score
According to me, the answer should be D.
But it's C in the MS. How? o_O
View attachment 48150
Under normal equilibrium price consumer surplus would have been F+G+H. While the imposition of maximum price reduces the price, it also shrinks the quantity traded because supplier are not willing supply the same quantity at lower prices. Therefore the new consumer surplus would be F+G+I

Reaction score
What do they mean by economic winners and losers?
View attachment 48145

Economic winners and losers is a concept that falls under the Market Failure and Allocative Efficiency Theory. According to the Pareto Principle of efficiency, an individual cannot be made better off without making another person worse off. So the person who benefits from an economic activity would be an economic winner while the one who bears the cost would be the loser. For more details on this, please go through my notes http://sanaadnan.wordpress.com/economics-2/99-2/

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh... Yeahhhh righttt....
Got itttt...Thnxxx a ton... :)

Reaction score
Economic winners and losers is a concept that falls under the Market Failure and Allocative Efficiency Theory. According to the Pareto Principle of efficiency, an individual cannot be made better off without making another person worse off. So the person who benefits from an economic activity would be an economic winner while the one who bears the cost would be the loser. For more details on this, please go through my notes http://sanaadnan.wordpress.com/economics-2/99-2/
Thank you so much...!!! :)

Reaction score
How break even point be found?

It can be found graphically and numerically. Also it can be found both in units and in money terms. Which method you want to know about?

The standard break even formula is Fixed Cost/ (Selling Price - Variable Cost)