• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business paper 2 this Wednesday!!

Reaction score
Alright guys. Business paper 2 is coming up. Anything you wanna share or discuss about then please feel free to do so :)

Reaction score
so the costing, operations management...(advance) and lean production except for jit are not part of AS right?

Reaction score
i will inshaAllah once i study some myself... :) all da best wid ur studying ppl.... :)

Reaction score
@sonamali: not it's not.. Btw, does anyone knows ARA mean? I frequently come across this word in business mark shemes

Reaction score
Hello business people!!!!

what about to reveal is of utmost importance WHY WHY???

BECAUSE IT BECAME TRUE.. HONESTLY!!!!

BEFORE BUSINESS P1 MY TEACHER TEXTED ME ABOUT THE EXPECTED TOPICS THAT WOULD COME IN THE BUSINESS STUDIES SUBJECT!!!

HE WAS 100% RIGHT!!!!!

IF YOU THINK IAM LYING I WILL PASTE THOSE TOPICS THAT HE TEXTED AND YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.!!!!

BUT HE TOLD ME TO GO THROUGH THE SYLLABUS AS USUAL!!!

EXPECTED TOPICS

BUSINESS ETHICS
STAKEHOLDERS
FAMILY BUSINESSES
MARKET SEGMENTATION
PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
ADDED VALUE
PRICE ELASTICITY OF DEMAND
JIT/STOCK CONTROL
LOCATION DECISION
LEADERSHIP
HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
BREAK EVEN
SOURCES OF FINANCE
LIQUIDITY RATIOS AND WAYS OF MANAGING IT.
MOTIVATION PRACTICES.

NOW YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF THE ABOVE TOPICS THAT YOU SAW WAS INCLUDED IN PAPER 1.

GOOD LUCK AND I HAVE A VERY STRONG FEELING THAT PAPER 2 WILL NOT BE THAT EASY AS PAPER 1 WAS

SO PUT UP YOUR EFFORTS MORE. AND GOOD LUCK.!!

Reaction score
naavo.1234 said:
Hello business people!!!!

what about to reveal is of utmost importance WHY WHY???

BECAUSE IT BECAME TRUE.. HONESTLY!!!!

BEFORE BUSINESS P1 MY TEACHER TEXTED ME ABOUT THE EXPECTED TOPICS THAT WOULD COME IN THE BUSINESS STUDIES SUBJECT!!!

HE WAS 100% RIGHT!!!!!

IF YOU THINK IAM LYING I WILL PASTE THOSE TOPICS THAT HE TEXTED AND YOU DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.!!!!

BUT HE TOLD ME TO GO THROUGH THE SYLLABUS AS USUAL!!!

EXPECTED TOPICS

BUSINESS ETHICS
STAKEHOLDERS
FAMILY BUSINESSES
MARKET SEGMENTATION
PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
ADDED VALUE
PRICE ELASTICITY OF DEMAND
JIT/STOCK CONTROL
LOCATION DECISION
LEADERSHIP
HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
BREAK EVEN
SOURCES OF FINANCE
LIQUIDITY RATIOS AND WAYS OF MANAGING IT.
MOTIVATION PRACTICES.

NOW YOU REALIZE THAT MOST OF THE ABOVE TOPICS THAT YOU SAW WAS INCLUDED IN PAPER 1.

GOOD LUCK AND I HAVE A VERY STRONG FEELING THAT PAPER 2 WILL NOT BE THAT EASY AS PAPER 1 WAS

SO PUT UP YOUR EFFORTS MORE. AND GOOD LUCK.!!

hahaha O.M.G this forum is full of attention hogs

my dear friend, you have just listed THE most occurring or shall i say the ONLY topics that are of importanc in terms of p2....dude any FOOL would kno this is to be studied !!!

well anyways thnks for the umm...ummm im not sure wht it is !! lolz

Reaction score
haha! Anyways, does anyone know where to study emotional intelligence from? OR could you share something about it? I don't know anything about it all, its not included in any of the books :( :(

Reaction score
Sijan92 said:
haha! Anyways, does anyone know where to study emotional intelligence from? OR could you share something about it? I don't know anything about it all, its not included in any of the books :( :(

Emotional Intelligence:
This is the ability of mangers to understand their own emotions and those of the people they work with. A business can perform much better if the leader can understand his emotions and the emotions of others at the workplace.
The four competencies of Emotional Intelligence are:

Self-awareness: This is having self confidence in your own abilities and having a realistic view in your abilities.
Self-management: This is setting an example for other staff by being trustworthy, recovering from stress quickly and having self control.
Social-awareness: Being able to sense what others are feelings and taking others views into account.
Social-skills: Understanding different social situations, handling emotional relationships well and using social skills to negotiate and lead.

I did not find it in too many textbooks either, but this is what I was able to come up with. I hope this answers your question :)

Reaction score
could anybody help me in marketing question...........frequently there are questions in p2 about marketing mix element..so how to deal such question????we have to include all four pcs...??

Reaction score
Yeah we do but this time, try to include the 4 Cs as well. Start such a question with market research, then decide on the suitable marketing approach. Next, relate the information given to the 4Ps and 4Cs. Remember to be as creative as possible in the answers and try to be dynamic about the ideas as examiners appreciate that and you'll get extra marks for that.

Reaction score
Sijan92 said:

do you have the Peter Stimpson A level book book for B.S. ?

Reaction score
Are Business laws and goverment's macroeconomic policies included in the syllabus??

Reaction score
Sijan92 said:
Are Business laws and goverment's macroeconomic policies included in the syllabus??

busines laws??? ummm....as in Acts??? no.

macroeconomic objctives as part of external constraints on business r in da syllabus for 2011, but not the AS sylllabus, so for p2, dnt wry

Reaction score
cant say much about difficulty or questions...best of luck guys just read the book once and be alert on exam day anybody can nail this one..look at time too kinda constraint there

as for marketing questions,they'r usually 12 marks so:

start off with defining marketing, then go on to talk about the type of product or sth...as in pick from the case study then pitt it against real world scenarios and write about it -> try 2 talk about how what when where factors in sales of those kind of products and then talk about how the 4P's should be structured to boost just that..as in the strengths and overshadow the weaknesses of the product [ie. if niche marketing's used then u know that if a major mass producer opts for mass customization then ur market is under threat !!] and in the end dont fail to add about "integrated marketing" . see thats the new thing added onto the new book - & it stands for how the 4P's should be designed to support each other ie luxury car -> high price, high class outlet, add in prestigious magazine not womens weekly or sth, and then the product itself [aldy high class lol]....

its very important to have a conclusion paragraph that talks about the weaknesses of the theories we learn, and then write about why we still use them [ie very good predictor, proper analyzing method etc] .....this is ur evaluation paragraph and a large part of marks are in it,,,and this is where the integrated marketing part should be...a way to overcome the 4p"s weaknesses...be creative add on ur own points this is just frame. thanks

Reaction score
whatsmyname said:
cant say much about difficulty or questions...best of luck guys just read the book once and be alert on exam day anybody can nail this one..look at time too kinda constraint there

as for marketing questions,they'r usually 12 marks so:

start off with defining marketing, then go on to talk about the type of product or sth...as in pick from the case study then pitt it against real world scenarios and write about it -> try 2 talk about how what when where factors in sales of those kind of products and then talk about how the 4P's should be structured to boost just that..as in the strengths and overshadow the weaknesses of the product [ie. if niche marketing's used then u know that if a major mass producer opts for mass customization then ur market is under threat !!] and in the end dont fail to add about "integrated marketing" . see thats the new thing added onto the new book - & it stands for how the 4P's should be designed to support each other ie luxury car -> high price, high class outlet, add in prestigious magazine not womens weekly or sth, and then the product itself [aldy high class lol]....

its very important to have a conclusion paragraph that talks about the weaknesses of the theories we learn, and then write about why we still use them [ie very good predictor, proper analyzing method etc] .....this is ur evaluation paragraph and a large part of marks are in it,,,and this is where the integrated marketing part should be...a way to overcome the 4p"s weaknesses...be creative add on ur own points this is just frame. thanks

gud wurk ! (Y)

hows ur prep....im guesing superb?=P

Reaction score
is quality control included...???????as kaizen and TQM are not part of the syllabus ....