• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C3 Edexcel jan 2013

Reaction score
I was so confident going into this exam. I did all the past papers and the lowest I got was 94%.
Everything was great until question 7, when I didn't know how to find the range. Ugh. Apparantly all I had to do was make the differential = 0

Looking at this page I might have read 7b wrong. I found the inverse, not the differential.

8b was also difficult. I thought maybe it had something to do with 0.25 = 0.5^2, but in the time given I couldn't figure it out.

I also remembered a stupid mistake I made. When finding the max value of P(θ) I made the cos(θ+...) = 0, not -1.

I was aiming for an A*, but probably won't even get an A. I'm almost definitely going to re-take C3.
my mistakes are your exact same mistakes
in question 7b same thing had happened to me due to the lack of time and being in a hurry i read the question wrong and tried solving it as inverse which made me loose time and didnot get an answer thus didnt solve part c
and in 8b i reached that part but then the instructor took the paper so no time to fiish
and i got a mistake in finding the maximum value

amm soo gonna repeat it in june !!!