• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

calculator help needed!

Reaction score
Assalam alaikum! I am appearing in my AS subjects in this session inshallah. The prob is for math and physics paper i am confused that in which mode shuld i put my calculator ? I noe for answer in degrees u use deg mode etc but wat abt sd, comp, lr normal fix, sci mode?? btw i ve fx-350 W.

Reaction score
Walikum Salaam!

Doing O level but still I guess for Physics and Maths both you need to have it on DEG.... If its something there in A level for which you have to change it... Then I don't know...

Reaction score
well clearly in As level math u will use both radian and degrees depending on the question, but in physics As there are no radians

Reaction score
ya bro i noe abt rad and deg . But i am asking if to put ur calculator in COMP , SD OR LR mode. Wat are these for?

msk

Reaction score
comp is for normal calculations.....I think u need to chek your manual becasue all calulators don,t have the same modes!

Reaction score
Comp is for normal calculations as msk told, SD is for stats (makes data entry easy to further calculate Mean and Variance). Don't need to worry about the other modes. You won't even have to use SD because you can't give answer directly, you have to show the steps, so better keep it in Comp.