• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can UK boards exams other than CIE be given internationally??

Reaction score
Assalamu alaikum,
I've known that UK boards other than CIE are easier than it. Can these be given internationally, such as in Pakistan??

Reaction score
A is an A , if you are talking about a levels ... its hard everywhere but edexcel has one good thing , its assessment is unitary ... for example u got A B D in each unit oh physics .. so u wouldnt need to repeat the entire physics subject on whole just the unit u got bad marks in :) ... thats why many middle eastern countries stick to edexcel rather than cambridge which brings on practicals too in bio , physics and chem ... however an A is an A , it requires hard work which ever board u do :)

Reaction score
A is an A , if you are talking about a levels ... its hard everywhere but edexcel has one good thing , its assessment is unitary ... for example u got A B D in each unit oh physics .. so u wouldnt need to repeat the entire physics subject on whole just the unit u got bad marks in :) ... thats why many middle eastern countries stick to edexcel rather than cambridge which brings on practicals too in bio , physics and chem ... however an A is an A , it requires hard work which ever board u do :)
totally agreed. Wow didn't know about the unit thing, that's great!
You see the thing is, I spent a lot of time thinking and observing, but I couldn't see what the CIE demands in syllabus and in checking. To a good extent I did though... Like people say, this topic has never come in the exam, not in the syllabus, leave it. But when you see past papers, there are some questions in them ( even the recent ones ) in which there was a question of a concept that wasn't in the syllabus and neither in a past paper before it. Secondly, I have a problem with their way of checking, and it's agreed by many others that CIE is losing its standard in checking in A level. I don't know about the other boards though. Thirdly, my teacher told me that other UK boards have similar syllabuses but are easier. And I 've heard it elsewhere too, in Xtremepapers.com . so that's why. yes do agree that you have to work hard for A, whether it be any UK board or Inter. But in CIE, I didn't know how to study... what things to look for I was confused about the syllabus that's all, and it was a big problem! I was ready to work hard but didn't know what to work hard on, even though I had a great teacher. In the end, what I did was study from different books and got ready from a broad collection like they do in P.H.D. and just gave the paper. Let's see now what the result comes. thanks a lot :)
btw I am just looking for UK boards as a backup, if the result doesn't work out. I got good hopes, but got to have backups. thanks (y)

Reaction score
totally agreed. Wow didn't know about the unit thing, that's great!
You see the thing is, I spent a lot of time thinking and observing, but I couldn't see what the CIE demands in syllabus and in checking. To a good extent I did though... Like people say, this topic has never come in the exam, not in the syllabus, leave it. But when you see past papers, there are some questions in them ( even the recent ones ) in which there was a question of a concept that wasn't in the syllabus and neither in a past paper before it. Secondly, I have a problem with their way of checking, and it's agreed by many others that CIE is losing its standard in checking in A level. I don't know about the other boards though. Thirdly, my teacher told me that other UK boards have similar syllabuses but are easier. And I 've heard it elsewhere too, in Xtremepapers.com . so that's why. yes do agree that you have to work hard for A, whether it be any UK board or Inter. But in CIE, I didn't know how to study... what things to look for I was confused about the syllabus that's all, and it was a big problem! I was ready to work hard but didn't know what to work hard on, even though I had a great teacher. In the end, what I did was study from different books and got ready from a broad collection like they do in P.H.D. and just gave the paper. Let's see now what the result comes. thanks a lot :)
btw I am just looking for UK boards as a backup, if the result doesn't work out. I got good hopes, but got to have backups. thanks (y)
u just gave ur AS or a2 ? or both ?