• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAN WE DO FURTHER MATHS IN 7 MONTHS?

Reaction score
well it depends on one's capability :
but Further maths is one of the most difficult subject in A-level and it would be ver very difficult for you to do in just 7 months

Reaction score
You can do it only if you really want to
Bt the prerequisite is dat u hav completed all the 7 modules (p1,p2,p3,m1,m2,s1,s2) of pure maths.
NB: p2 is a subset of p3

Reaction score
If I am not mistaken FM = p1,p2,p3,m1,m2,s1,s2 no?

Kindly tell us what your student background is?
Your grades in O Level?
Your grades so far in A Level?
Do you have Physics and Mathematics in A Level? If so how many modules/papers of Mathematics have you prepared so far?

I think if you answer these questions honestly, you will be in a better position to decide for yourself.

Reaction score
@ MAVtKnmJ:
p1,p2,p3,m1,m2,s1,s2 is a list of all the modules of A level pure maths (not further maths). Only 4 ov them r required 4 a degree in A lvl pure maths, including 2 pure modules and 2 applied modules.
Candidates cn choose 1 ov the followin' combinations: (p1,m1,p3,m2 for physics-lovers) , (p1,s1,p3,s2 for statistics-lovers) or (p1,m1,p3,s1 for intermediaries).
NB: The content of p2 is included in p3, with some additional topics.

The candidates who wish to take further maths (9231), need to hav the knowledge of all 7 modules of A level pure maths (9709). So, the physics-lovers (p1,m1,p3,m2) will study the remaining 2 stats modules (bt there is no need to sit for the corresponding CIE exam). Similarly, the stats-lovers and the intermediaries will sudy the modules they haven't studied.

The reason 2 study all the 7 modules is that the content of p1,p2,p3 is needed for further pure maths, the content of m1,m2 for further mechanics and the content of s1,s2 for further statistics

Hope dis helps :)

Reaction score
Lol, much of that I already knew, I was just stating that it's the same thing, no matter how you put it :p