• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
lol, with the rise of technology such as computers and other media, doctors are needed even more to understand these functions and how to use them. therefore u can't just say that those who take medicine do so because they do not understand science. in fact to prepare the medicine, u need chemistry, to operate the mathematical data in computers, u need maths, to operate data sensors and other such stuff, u need ICT, and to find comfortable poses for the patient or while operating and u need to find the angle at which the bone must be kept, u need maths and physics. so u just can't say that those who do not understand science take medicine
infact those who understand science take medicine
and lol, as more and more diseases arise, u will treat them, obviously doctors, who else engineers. with old age comes diseases and problems, and so more and more doctors are needed

Who said doctors are not needed, but we already supplying more then the demand.

Reaction score
well in todays world people hate studying for long times, and that is exactly what doctors do, which is now leading to a decline in the number of doctors. they may not be favoured in pakistan but in foreign places, they are given very high value. doctors are at the top of the salary line, and a normal cardiologist can make $80,000 a month! also some insurance companies will give you an insurance on almost everything but never on dentist appointments and treatment, because dentists are really expensive
and i was not contradicting you Ayesha but actually Faizan

Reaction score
well in todays world people hate studying for long times, and that is exactly what doctors do, which is now leading to a decline in the number of doctors. they may not be favoured in pakistan but in foreign places, they are given very high value. doctors are at the top of the salary line, and a normal cardiologist can make $80,000 a month! also some insurance companies will give you an insurance on almost everything but never on dentist appointments and treatment, because dentists are really expensive

I know, realx

Reaction score
lol, with the rise of technology such as computers and other media, doctors are needed even more to understand these functions and how to use them. therefore u can't just say that those who take medicine do so because they do not understand science. in fact to prepare the medicine, u need chemistry, to operate the mathematical data in computers, u need maths, to operate data sensors and other such stuff, u need ICT, and to find comfortable poses for the patient or while operating and u need to find the angle at which the bone must be kept, u need maths and physics. so u just can't say that those who do not understand science take medicine
infact those who understand science take medicine
and lol, as more and more diseases arise, u will treat them, obviously doctors, who else engineers. with old age comes diseases and problems, and so more and more doctors are needed
u were contradicting me? :eek:
oh man when did i say bio is useless o_O
i just said there are too many doctors :)

Reaction score
might i mention that u have to spend 4 years for engineering too
and becoming a doctor is not tough today
give 7 lac as private fee and after 4 years u have a degree

Reaction score
and the examples of math and physics u have given are not good enough
it is what a ten year old can do
talk about advance calculus and mechanics
thats the job of an engineer not a doctor :p

Reaction score
4 years for engineering and compare that to about 10 years or even more for doctor. the process is like this 7 years to get your first degree and then 4 more years to get a house job and u still can't work in a hospital or open ur clinic. after a further 3-5 years u finally get a job in a hospital and it is a pretty good job with high salaries. the higher ur grades and name of university or college u graduated from. the more benefits for u
sorry if i was contradicting u

Reaction score
dude, yeah u place a kid and the next thing u know ur patient is dead. to monitor the readings also requires studying. if u go to a hospital and u see those monitors do u actually know what those zig zag lines represent other than the pulse or other X Rays in which a tumur is present
u want more examples how about microscopic lens in order to perform operations in order to properly allign microscopic blood vessels

Reaction score
aliginig the bone for a operation requires meth and physics cause a surgeon does not have a mega protractor in order to measure the angle, he has to estimate it himself now please dont say tat a kid can all this if he can i wonder he might be the smartest kid alive

Reaction score
and i never compared doctors to engineers u just can't call people fools who go in to the feild of medicine just think about ur feelings when someone says that engineering is onthing but crap and only stupid people engage in that profession

Reaction score
4 years for engineering and compare that to about 10 years or even more for doctor. the process is like this 7 years to get your first degree and then 4 more years to get a house job and u still can't work in a hospital or open ur clinic. after a further 3-5 years u finally get a job in a hospital and it is a pretty good job with high salaries. the higher ur grades and name of university or college u graduated from. the more benefits for u
sorry if i was contradicting u
as if engineers are any different
u need a lot of experience there too

Reaction score
aliginig the bone for a operation requires meth and physics cause a surgeon does not have a mega protractor in order to measure the angle, he has to estimate it himself now please dont say tat a kid can all this if he can i wonder he might be the smartest kid alive
ah well talk about gold smiths
yeah they need experience to craft masterpieces but do not exactly understand newton laws of motion or angles subtended by the same arc :p

Reaction score
exactly only hard work brings benefits u cannot expect to study for a year and then call urself an engineer seeking a good job u have to work hard no matter what profession u are going after only hard work will help u succeed

Reaction score
and i never compared doctors to engineers u just can't call people fools who go in to the feild of medicine just think about ur feelings when someone says that engineering is onthing but crap and only stupid people engage in that profession
neither did i :)
y r we arguing anyway?
as i previosly said i dont mind any sciences as profession
but business is none of my business:D