• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
Hi i want to persue computer science at uni i have currently psychology and maths in Alevels what should be the third subject as i dont want to study physics . Plz help me with that. What do subjects options do i have to persue CS career ?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Hi i want to persue computer science at uni i have currently psychology and maths in Alevels what should be the third subject as i dont want to study physics . Plz help me with that. What do subjects options do i have to persue CS career ?

Assuming you are in Pakistan, it seems the 2 top universities there require Physics:

Nust says:
ProgrammesPakistani system of studiesForeign systems of studies
BS Computer ScienceFSc Pre-Engineering / Computer Science GroupO level (SSC) equivalence of “Science group” and A level (HSSC) equivalence of “Pre-Engineering group” OR “Computer Science group” including Maths, Physics, Chemistry/Computer Science/Computer Studies as mandatory subjects.

^so basically they require math + Physics + chem OR Computers

even their admissions through SATs show same:
Code:
BS Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Software Engineering
Academic Requirement
Minimum 60% aggregate marks each in Matric / equivalent (Science Group) and HSSC/equivalent exams (Pre-Engineering / Computer Science Group).

SAT Requirement
SAT Subject Test in
Mathematics Level II
Physics

NED UET also mentions something similar:

Code:
HSC (Computer Science/Equivalent)(Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sc.):

BE Electronics Engineering
BS Management Sciences
BE Telecommunications Engineering 
BS Development Studies
BE Computer Systems Engineering   
BS Computational Finance
BE Software Engineering BS English Linguistics
BS Computer Science and Info. Tech.       
BS Economics & Finance   
BS Management Sciences
BS  Development  Studies 
BS Computational Finance
BS English Linguistics
BS Economics & Finance

Reaction score
Hi, i am an O level student in Accounts, Business and Economics. I am wondering if I really need to take maths in A-levels

Reaction score
Hi, i am an O level student in Accounts, Business and Economics. I am wondering if I really need to take maths in A-levels
Since math is really essential if you want to have a business career in future, you should take it. Although you won't be using the concepts of Calculus and Trig, some modules such as statistics etc. would be definitely helpful for you.

Reaction score
Since math is really essential if you want to have a business career in future, you should take it. Although you won't be using the concepts of Calculus and Trig, some modules such as statistics etc. would be definitely helpful for you.
i want to pursue a career in accounts will maths still be required?

Reaction score
I am literally so lost when it comes to career choosing, which is bad considering how my subject choice depends upon it.

Reaction score
I made two videos on this important topic. Exclusively for Pakistani students. Please do watch them and feel free to ask me anything! :)

Reaction score
hiii im interested in biology (all the sciences tbh) and was thinking of persuing biotechnology. im still not sure what to do tho... help?
Hi, I'm also interested in Biology, I'm thinking Medicine though...I'm not sure of the path either, I hope we can help each other out? Firstly, to answer your question, are you gunning for a government college here in PK, any other here, or abroad? then I can tell you the little I know about them lol.