• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEM P42 GT and paper discussion

What do you think the GT will be ?

• very High (75+)

Votes: 27 22.9%
  • high (70-75)

Votes: 23 19.5%
  • medium 65-

Votes: 48 40.7%
  • low (60-65)

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
People here is what I think about GT
Oct Nov 13-variant 43 which was many times difficult paper than M/J 14 (42) its GT was quite high on 68. By this standards this time it must be around in the 70's probably low 70's.
Agreed AbbbbY Farez itallion stallion ?
I won't agree!i think it's gonna be min 64 and max 68.It will not be in 70.there were many tricky question which seemed easy but in actual things were different.Yeah section B was a lot easier,but can't say the same for A.Well it doesn't matter I personally think just pray that what ever is the GT I should get to my targeted grade.

Reaction score
even i got -0.13 , but its wrong right?
Yes it will be 0.00v because the solution is saturated and Pb cannot be oxidized to Pb2+ by the hydrogen half cell which has more positive potential. In a saturated solution no more solid can dissolve so Pb cannot turn to Pb2+. So there will be no reaction and no voltage produced. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Every one gives an answer according to what he answered !
But what i am sure now and was sure about in the EXAM is the answer is not -0.13 ,
i wrote it because i dont have an explaination for the other answers , hope someone gives us the correct answer !

Reaction score
as Pb2+ +2e---->Pb
in saturated solution concentration of Pb2+ will be low sio reaction will move backward,hence it will be more negative
How can you say the concentration of Pb2+ is less than 1?? A saturated solution contains the highest concentration of the solute dissolved in it so concentration of Pb2+ is maximum