• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

Reaction score
How did it go?....I found the paper lengthy, too many suggestions...Apps weere easy except Q7...
What GT u think ?

Reaction score
I found the paper was not difficult but tricky, esp the polymer quest, and entalphy.
Some repetition in section b

Reaction score
Hey guys for the question that is divided into two part, i wrote the wrong answer for the first however for the follow up question i wrote the correct, would i get 2 mark out of 2? or they will not consider the correct one in the second question

Reaction score
Did anyone get 0.0560 or something as the concentration of A in the electrochemistry/organic henna question?
also, what was used to reduce that compound? A strong reducing agent like LiALH4 right? because NaBH4 is too weak Im assuming

Reaction score
Did anyone get 0.0560 or something as the concentration of A in the electrochemistry/organic henna question?
also, what was used to reduce that compound? A strong reducing agent like LiALH4 right? because NaBH4 is too weak Im assuming

Yea, I got 0.056!

Reaction score
NO PAPER DISCUSSION

Reaction score
And for the polymer question, the monomers were a Dicarboxylic acid and a Dihydric Phenol right? (Phenol with 2 OH groups) and the modification would be to use instead of the phenol, a Di phenyl amine, so that Hydrogen bonds can form between amide chains ( Just like in secondary stucture of proteins)
And the conditions was NaOHaq and The Dihydric Phenol ( To produce the phenoxide ion) Heat under reflux with Conc H2So4, to remove the H2O

Reaction score
And for the polymer question, the monomers were a Dicarboxylic acid and a Dihydric Phenol right? (Phenol with 2 OH groups) and the modification would be to use instead of the phenol, a Di phenyl amine, so that Hydrogen bonds can form between amide chains ( Just like in secondary stucture of proteins)
And the conditions was NaOHaq and The Dihydric Phenol ( To produce the phenoxide ion) Heat under reflux with Conc H2So4, to remove the H2O
not the carboxylic acid man ....that was the trrick .....it must ahave been acyl chloride....cos phenold doesnt reacts with carboxylic acid.....and come on chat leave discussion here....cum onj CHAT GUYX

Reaction score
not the carboxylic acid man ....that was the trrick .....it must ahave been acyl chloride....cos phenold doesnt reacts with carboxylic acid.....and come on chat leave discussion here....cum onj CHAT GUYX
Somebody got tricked ..

Reaction score
I feel like it should have been easy but I messed it up. :/ Probably because I had about 3 hours of sleep and my head felt like it was gonna explode. I really hope the GT's low. Insh'Allah everyone does well.