• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

MER

Reaction score
Thank You! :) So in total I'm losing maximum 15 marks. :p For the liposome I gave C and then B. C for the hydrophillic and B for the hydrophobic.

Reaction score
what did u guyz get for the tests?
i dont remember all but i remember putting 2,4-DNPH somewhere and also Tollens' Reagent for differentiating between ketone and aldehyde

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? The whole question was worth 10 marks probably... The reaction kinetics part was max 6 marks...
I AM NOT SURE but wasn't the order of reaction part 6 marks and mechanism's part 4 marks o_O
if it wasn't then I lose less then 10 marks :p
someone verify

MER

Reaction score
soo cool, nice ;)
how did u calculate for the enthalpy change of solution for MgCl2 ?!
I calculated it like: Enthalpy change of solution of MgCl2= Enthalpy change of formation of MgCl2 (aq)- Lattice enthalpy.
Enthalpy change of formation of MgCl2(aq) and Lattice enthalpy of MgCl2 was given in the data. I'm hoping this was the right method.

Reaction score
I calculated it like: Enthalpy change of solution of MgCl2= Enthalpy change of formation of MgCl2 (aq)- Lattice enthalpy.
Enthalpy change of formation of MgCl2(aq) and Lattice enthalpy of MgCl2 was given in the data. I'm hoping this was the right method.
I think its actually enthalpy formation of MgCl2 (g) - enthalpy formation of MgCl2 (s)