• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry 42....how did it go?..expected GT

Reaction score
One indication that oxygen is not very soluble in water is that you will collect it over water in ur P5 experiments. If it were soluble in water, then it would all dissolve, and you wouldn't have any to test. But the biggest experiment of all is to point out the planetEarth. Earth has a huge volume devoted to water, and an atmosphere of 21% oxygen. If oxygen were very soluble in water, it would all dissolve, and there wouldn't be any students to do experiments nor teachers to grade them. ;p
True that but oxygen will dissolve under the 101 kpa partly and better to know that it is in equilibrium form between its aques and gaseous states.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure -OH is right, there isn't any other group there in the molecule which is likely to get broken down somehow.

ATP with water? Nah

And ofcourse, oxygen is soluble in water, LOL! How do you think the aquatic life exists? I'm not sure about my answer too, well lets see hope for the best :p

0 for [co] 1 for [complex ion]
mechanism 2

peg dissolves in long hydrocarbon chain, that molecule dissolves in water coz of H bonding, part of the drug dissolves and can be easily carried around the body.

The hydrolysis of ATP is given by the equation: ATP + H2O --> ADP + Pi
For more information, kindly check the applications booklet.

Reaction score
it says it's 1st order with respect to the ion and o with CO, so 1st order overall

Mr.Gooner they are saying that it is 1 overall and with respect to co is 0.
After all it wont matter product or the reactent concentration because rate is change of concentration over delta time.
So both ways its the same.Rate of formation will be negative rate of reduction in reactents.

Refer book :)

Reaction score
Do you remember the answers to the first part of the last question in the applications section?
And the two factors affecting the NMR blah blah question?

The liposome one rite>
It was C then B

FACTORSS:
NATURE OF THE NUCLIE(i.e The environment of the H neuclie)

Magnetic field strenght

Reaction score
Guys dont kill yourself about the repeated question. It may seem repeated but a LOT of facts were changed. And dont kid yourself telling that the paper was EASY BCS it was NOT!!!!
other wise the GT would be as high as 79! Congrats to you if you score HIGH, that means u are smart.
and about the PEG question i didnt even read it properly! was is the fat soluble thingy or some other molecule? if it was polar then it will be one of the OH groups if not then the hydrocarbon chain.
ANd about the mechanism!!!!!! it wasnt 2 or 1 or 3 BCS in the rate equation it was the concentration of the PRODUCT!!!!!!!!
I would say any one who scores 80+ in this paper is good. NONE of my frnds found the paper easy
and I HOPE TO GOD, that there were printing mistakes. Some of the questions just did not make any sense. With being said
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!! :D
I hope you end up with good grades and pray for me so that i can pull my marks to 80........need it for an A* bcs for meds u need A* for admission.
Assalamu Alykum Wa Rahmatullah!
Prepare well bio bio tomorrow if u hav that

Reaction score
Wasn't it B and then C? :/
Look they said hyrophilic mosture something so that will be attached to the phosphate part of phospholipid so it will be C.
Then they said something viamins that will go to the B(Lipid part of liposome).

A will be least approperiod place because the drug attached is exposed to outer environment so can be hydrolysed in stomach or react in part of body.

Reaction score
The liposome one rite>
It was C then B

FACTORSS:
NATURE OF THE NUCLIE(i.e The environment of the H neuclie)

Magnetic field strenght
I wrote one of the factors is the the energy supplied to it. Can it be correct? i couldnt remember the proton environ ment, which makes much more sense now :(

Reaction score
I wrote one of the factors is the the energy supplied to it. Can it be correct? i couldnt remember the proton environ ment, which makes much more sense now :(

Ya u can mention that also ur rite too :)

Btw what u wrote for liposome one>

Reaction score
Ya u can mention that also ur rite too :)

Btw what u wrote for liposome one>
I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE YOU !!!!!!!!!!
i dnt really remember :(
all i remembered that the fat soluble thingy was suppose to be in the hydrocarbon part which i think is B and then water loving C :D

Reaction score
I LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEE YOU !!!!!!!!!!
i dnt really remember :(
all i remembered that the fat soluble thingy was suppose to be in the hydrocarbon part which i think is B and then water loving C :D

Good luck for ur exam

Bio paro :)

MER

Reaction score
Did anyone get 0.0560 or something as the concentration of A in the electrochemistry/organic henna question?
also, what was used to reduce that compound? A strong reducing agent like LiALH4 right? because NaBH4 is too weak Im assuming
Do you remember how much mark the electrochemistry concerning A, was worth? The calculation question only.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah, the amide was right next to the ester group

Ya there was an amid but many people i think forgot to see because it was like proline form the cyclic amino acid type.

And for reduction u can use NaBH4 and LiAlH4 because NaBH4 can reduce ketones and aldehydes and since it was a ketone it could be reduced by NaBH4
You can use LiAlH4 also,Because it can reduce all of them including ester acid and ketone as well as aldehyde

Btw what was liposome one B then C or C then B?